BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To DIAdem or not...?

I do have a call in to Sales and they are going to get back to me on this subject but I thought I would ask the community too.

I'm coming to a decision point whether to purchase DIAdem or use some other method (SQL, VBA) to glean some data from my TestStand results databases. 

First I'm a database neophyte but I am tasked to query some data from the ATE systems that write their results to Jet 4.0 (Access) databases using the TestStand 2010 sp1 Generic Insert (GI 2.x-4.0) schema. 

Each ATE has it's own results DB so I would need to deal with each one separately. I know the data I am asking for is in those databases.

Basically I was asked to determine how many operators used the ATE's, how many total sequences were run per year, and how much total time was spent (per year) running sequences. 

I could take the time to learn VBA and query for the data and total it up in, let's say a Excel spreadsheet. I could take the time to learn SQL and do the same thing or I could spend my time learning DIAdem scripting. Either way I am going to have a learning curve ahead of me. 

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,843 Views)

I was surprised to learn that Diadem does not ship with a plugin for Teststand database schemas,  it seems like NI are missing out on something here. So yes, it seems you are stuck with other SQL tools.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,750 Views)

For clarity they do have a dataplugin for .mdb databases. The problem I noted is that it requires 

DataFinder Server Edition 1.1.1. which is another paid for toolkit. After talking with several folks at NI it turns out they changed the .SQL plugin so that can be used on a .MDB database. After careful consideration I've decided that DIAdem was a bit overkill for the data I want to analyse and I'm going a different route. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,745 Views)

to get results from test stand result data bases you have to use sql and vba then insert data from ATE system query 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,808 Views)

>> Basically I was asked to determine how many operators used the ATE's

SELECT DISTINCT(USER_LOGIN_NAME) FROM UUT_RESULT

>> how many total sequences were run per year, and how much total time was spent (per year) running sequences

SELECT Test_Year, COUNT(ID) AS Num_Tested, SUM(EXECUTION_TIME) AS Sum_Time FROM (SELECT ID, YEAR(START_DATE_TIME) AS Test_Year, EXECUTION_TIME FROM UUT_RESULT) GROUP BY Test_Year

It looks like you only want the data from one of the tables, so it might be a smaller task than you're thinking.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,779 Views)

Thanks for the answers but that was resolved a couple of years ago.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,775 Views)

Doh!  I saw it at the top of my feed because the person before me didn't look at the date on the other posts, either.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,761 Views)