BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is Hooovahh

Help! The app keeps telling me that that all my resistors are 0R or 110R links!

Spoiler

220px-SMD_capacitor

Arf...
---
CLA
Message 281 of 460
(10,350 Views)

@thoult wrote:

Spoiler

220px-SMD_capacitor

Arf...

Measure it with a DMM.  Wait a few seconds.  It will be an open.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 282 of 460
(10,337 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@thoult wrote:

Spoiler

220px-SMD_capacitor

Arf...

Measure it with a DMM.  Wait a few seconds.  It will be an open.

Hah, you think I can hold my hands steady enough to probe an 0201? My coffee intake says otherwise! 😄

Edit - reminds me of dismantling a flatscreen TV's PSU to repair a faulty cap. The board designers were kind enough to include component values in the solder resist layer, which was kind of them, even if the cap values in question were easy enough to identify through part markings. It must be nice to have the real estate for things like that!

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 283 of 460
(10,304 Views)

Me: not your best thought - those birds are not in season.

Neighbor boy,@11y with a bb pistol: why do you care what I do?

Me: I don't want to see you get yourself into trouble son 

Boy: how would I get into trouble?

Me: I have been your age.  It doesn't take a lot of not thinking to get into trouble. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 284 of 460
(10,076 Views)

Receptionist: “And what is your last name?”

Hooovahh: “Hoover”

Receptionist: “How is that spelled?  Like the vacuum?”

Hooovahh: “No like the president.”

Receptionist: “...isn’t it spelled the same?”

Hooovahh: “Yes”

Message 285 of 460
(10,058 Views)

Coworker Moving?

I worked closely with a very unique individual who was black and white with all things in his work and his life.  He was a very matter-of-fact kind of guy and it made for a fun working environment seeing him butt heads with management when things would get emotional since he was so logical.  This guy was married to a woman who was friends with all of his work friends.  She worked too, and her career was in a field that often had her traveling.

One day we saw that this guy's wife had a major announcement that she was excited to tell everyone about on Facebook.  Apparently she had gotten her new dream job 2,000 miles away and was going to be moving soon.  It was odd to all of us (his boss included) because he hadn’t mentioned anything about moving or quitting to anyone.  He was on several jobs that would go for a year or more and many times resourcing were planned out far in advance and having him quit would be difficult for these programs.  This was all pre-covid time and you basically had to go to the office to work on things, and were expected to travel for work often.

At our next group meeting we asked this guy if he was moving soon.  He said yes.  And we said well are you moving far away.  He said yes, and he told us where he was going.  So we asked “Does this mean you’re quitting?”  He said no.  He moved a few weeks later and management had to scramble to figure out what work and customers he could be doing so far away and what to do about it.  It all worked out and he got to work closely with a customer for several years that happened to be near his new home.  But at the time it was just so weird to be making what seemed like a big decision without telling anyone.  His thought process was more of it being a personal choice and he didn’t see a reason to quit or tell management until it was necessary to.

Years later I talked to a coworker of his and they said “He is a great source of entropy in my life.”

Message 286 of 460
(10,057 Views)

"Who is John Gault?"

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 287 of 460
(9,999 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 288 of 460
(9,987 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Receptionist: “And what is your last name?”

Hooovahh: “Hoover”

Receptionist: “How is that spelled?  Like the vacuum?”

Hooovahh: “No like the president.”

Receptionist: “...isn’t it spelled the same?”

Hooovahh: “Yes”

Me: isn't that the same as the guy that falling down building in DC is named after?

Hooovahh: Damn 

Me: Nope different Structures, the Hoover Dam does not wear dresses and won't fall down for Eons!  

Open Q: So, why are employees at the Hooovahh Building " Special "?

<Seriously B.  You had to see that dig coming >

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 289 of 460
(9,938 Views)

Email from coworker

We have a new version of our widget and we need you to update your tester to be able to use it. No hurry we plan to use the new part in 1 to 2 weeks.

My Reply

Sounds great, you guys usually only give me one day of notice before changing over to a new part.  Glad I get some more test time than usual.

Phone call from that same day

Turns out we were wrong and we need to run that new part tomorrow.

It's like for a moment I was proud of them.  Like wow you guys aren't terrible at planning after all...nope nevermind, still terrible.  I put in a bunch of work to get ready for the next day only to realize they weren't anywhere near ready.  Since then I've tried a new tactic and that is to not work on anything, until I've been asked to do it twice.

Message 290 of 460
(9,872 Views)