BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best shipping Example

I've run across what may be the best shipping example in LabVIEW, that is if your .dll’ly challenged like me.

It’s an example called "Call DLL.vi". You can find through the Example Finder or directly at "...National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples\dll\data passing\Call Native Code.llb\Call DLL.vi".

This VI lists all the C and C++ data types and their LabVIEW equivalents. Each data type has
an example VI that demonstrates the use of the Call Library Function Node for that data type. It also shows the C source code for that function in the dll and some note/cautions to be aware of when using that data type.

It first shipped with 7.0 and is also in 7.1.

Kudos to the NI person that wrote this fine example. If you’re at NIWeek this year, look me up some evening in the exhibition hall and I’ll "buy" you beer.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 1 of 6
(6,466 Views)
Yes, very nice! 😄

(Now we just need a version that shows the same for Fortran code like in my own DLLs ;))
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,456 Views)
Whats Fortran???

hah hah hah -for a fluids guy like myself I can't get rid of Fortran yet..maybe when Labview allows recursive calls 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,442 Views)
Actually that example has been around for sometime on the NI website, I think I come across it while using LV5.1.1.

Well done to NI, for updating their shipped examples.

Regards
Ray Farmer

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 06-12-2005 09:44 PM

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 4 of 6
(6,429 Views)
I'll have to see if I can find the older example. I have to write a bunch of dll wrappers in LabVIEW 6 and this one won't convert directly because it uses dynamic events. It wouldn't be that hard to rewrite though. I guess I could always just keep 7.1 open on the side for reference.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,415 Views)
there is this one

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,405 Views)