BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing AA cells

I guess the two batteries were discharged differently before you started.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(6,397 Views)

I actaully saw someone try to jump start a car by taking a 12 V lead acid battery out of another car, turning it upside down and pressing the terminals against the terminals of the dead battery!

I do not recall if the car started but I do recall a significant amount of battery acid spalshing all around!  DO NOT try this if you value your fingers, eyes, and cars.

Lynn

Message 12 of 18
(6,384 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

I actaully saw someone try to jump start a car by taking a 12 V lead acid battery out of another car, turning it upside down and pressing the terminals against the terminals of the dead battery!

It might be a Michigan thing, but I'd expect most cars have a set of jumper cables in the trunk.  To find two cars without cables would be rare.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(6,380 Views)

In case someone hasn't heard: 9V batteries click together in series (no wires) to make bigger voltages.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(6,378 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@johnsold wrote:

It might be a Michigan thing, but I'd expect most cars have a set of jumper cables in the trunk.  To find two cars without cables would be rare.

I take it a step further.  I have a jumper battery pack in my trunk.  Back when we were dating, my wife had a car that needed that thing every other day.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(6,370 Views)

Was that how she got attached to you?

Lynn

Message 16 of 18
(6,357 Views)

@Todd_Lesher wrote:

In case someone hasn't heard: 9V batteries click together in series (no wires) to make bigger voltages.

Or nicly shortcut them 😄 Smiley Tongue

Way back, the metall case made perfect housing for RF bugs ... 

(until I learned to build them to run with a single cell ....... )

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 17 of 18
(6,337 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

I do not recall if the car started but I do recall a significant amount of battery acid spalshing all around!  DO NOT try this if you value your fingers, eyes, and cars.

Lynn

Russia, perhaps? Smiley Very Happy

@Hooovahh wrote:

That's what I thought, but judging by the number of people that come straight to my desk when their car won't start, I might be the only one here with a set in the truck. 

Which works fine, except when I ride the motorcycle in.

@Todd_Lesher wrote:

Fun with a few 9V batteries. (244 of them)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hwLHdBTQ7s

Message 18 of 18
(6,280 Views)