BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starware - A new concept ?

I still think that key combos are not necessary and would confuse casual users. Here's what I'm thinking -

• This VI is all that the user will see and it will be called when the menu item is selected. It is simple and easy to use for everyone without having to memorize anything.
  • We remove the Selected option so that we're left with None, All and Visible.
    • If the user selected something, it is copied unless they selected None.
    • If the user selected nothing, then the copying is made based on the listbox selection.
  • The status is saved, so veteran users can just click Enter as soon as the VI pops up and everyone can change the options if necessary.
  • If we really want to, we could add a timeout to the options and set it to be long initially. That way, power users can change it to be very short. If we add to that the option of neutralizing the timeout with a key, then the pop-up will disappear immediately unless that key was pressed.

Looks good, now if we give the enter  focus on startup it will be genious (and in LV 8 you can have custum key-shortcuts)
TST do you need a hand or something else?

Ton

BTW how do you save an image to the clipboard?

Message Edited by TonP on 09-18-2006 12:01 PM

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 121
(16,727 Views)

@TonP wrote:

TST do you need a hand or something else?

I think we have it covered. The main issue is in CC's modification that grabs only the visible part of the diagram. It made the subVI rather complex and I was hoping to see if I could simplify it before finishing the new version. There were also some finishing touches I wanted to put in to finally make it look like a real tool. I would actually rather avoid using as many 8 only features as possible to maintain compatibilty.

BTW how do you save an image to the clipboard?

You can't expect a magician to reveal all the tricks, right?

Actually, it's basically done using SetClipboardData with some cool wrappers. You will see all when the time comes.

Here's the latest version, saved in 7.0, but should be usable in any version over 7.0 as well.

• Saves the configuration in an INI file (I gave up the tag idea in this case for a couple of reasons).
  • The OK button has Enter associated with it. The VI is modal, so it immediately gets the focus.
  • Can copy the image or the path to the clipboard (thanks, Rolf).
  • If there is no selection, uses the listbox to decide what to do.
  • At the moment, no timeout.
  • Theoretically, should work on Mac or Linux as well (without copying the data to the clipboard), but I haven't tried it. It might even crash 7.0 or 7.1.

The code was cleaned up considerably. If you want to look at, open the top level VI or select the menu item from the Getting Started window. There will be an error and it will stay open.

As before, placing the LLB in the <LabVIEW>\Project folder and restarting LV will make the item appear in the Tools menu. I changed the name to "Code Capture Tool". If anyone has a better name, I'd be happy to hear.

The code for the actual cropping of the image is still messy. Instead of consolidating it and cleaning it up, I just took all the working versions that we had and used each of them seperately. That is the one area where this could be improved.

Tst

I just tried the llb that you just posted for the first time and received this error.

I probably have something missing ...

David

Message Edited by David Crawford on 09-19-2006 12:15 PM

Edit: LabVIEW 8.2 FDS

Message Edited by David Crawford on 09-19-2006 12:16 PM

Message Edited by David Crawford on 09-19-2006 12:20 PM

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 121
(16,704 Views)

Tst

My sincere apologies, I have just realised my mistake Smiley Sad

I tried to run the VI straight from the Tools->Code Capture Tool after starting LabVIEW. There are no VI's in memory for the tool to work with.

Once again, sorry about that.

David

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 121
(16,699 Views)

Yet another version (7.0). The main changes:

• Includes a timeout for those impatient power users. The timeout can be disabled by pressing T and is -1 by default.
  • Pressing 1,2 or 3 cycles through the values of the listboxes.
  • If you have 8.0 or above, copying the file path to the clipboard should work even not in Windows (it uses an existing method). I haven't checked it though and it would be nice to hear feedback.
  • I changed the file name to have consistency, so you will need to delete the old llb (and the older version which had a different name too).

Message Edited by tst on 09-20-2006 02:34 PM

A rather important bug fix - Windows users under 8 could not copy the file path into the clipboard.

A bug reïntroduced (is that proper english, or is it dunglish?)
The ':' bug on Windows got back. I changed it. Gave the time-out a place on the connector pane
Together with that I added a VI-reference control, now you can use it as a sub-vi as well!

Ton

And I cannot post attachements again (thanks to the proxy)
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 121
(16,676 Views)

@chilly charly wrote:

Of course it's Windows only. I never found an utility to copy to a Mac clipboard 😞

Then try this VI.

The original code in your VI for the clipboard handling looks a lot like my bitmap library with clipboard support, but since I believe that I didn't release that one before 2002 I think this is a different implementation.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 121
(16,598 Views)