BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starware - A new concept ?

Latest link to the download page of the Code Capture Tool.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 111 of 121
(12,336 Views)
Thanks for the link partha
0 Kudos
Message 112 of 121
(12,272 Views)
Where can I get the CCT for LV 8.0, LV 8.2 & LV 8.5 ?
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 113 of 121
(12,160 Views)
Just use the one from the download page. It says 8.6, but I'm pretty sure that's a mistake and it should work with every version from 7.0 and up. It even compiles itself at the end of the installation.

(12,155 Views)
Tst is right. Atleast it works for lv 8.0
0 Kudos
Message 115 of 121
(12,118 Views)

Just to keep people updated version 2.0.5 has been released of the Code Capture Tool, including VI Snippet creation, writing comments and drawing on the captured image.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 116 of 121
(11,974 Views)

chilly charly a écrit :
The attached starware finds the version of a freshly opened vi. May be that will decrease the number of not-the-right-version posts.[...]

In LabVIEW 2010, the source LV version of a VI can be read in the VI properties -> General. No need anymore to go one step further and open the "List of unsaved changes...". Still I find this as a constraint and I would prefer a solution such as the one proposed here.

Meanwhile, here is a new version of the VI version utility, that works in the background once launched. When the vi version does not correspond to the LabVIEW version, it adds a temporary string in all the opened vi's documentation. Hovering the mouse pointer over the vi icon shows the info in the context help window. This string is removed once the vi has been saved in the running LabVIEW version so it will not affect definitively the documentation. Quick and clean...

Unzip the attached file and drop VI version Info.vi and the associated _VI version Info folder into the Project folder (inside the LabVIEW application folder) and restart LabVIEW. A new sub-menu (VI version Info...) will appear in the Tool menu. Call this menu and launch (or abort) the vi. That's all.

I have been using this utility in LV9 and LV10 during the last week without problem. It should work also in LV 8.x, but I'm to lazy to save it in a n-2 version but I have tested it only in LV 8.6 (MacOS). The memory and processor power footprints are negligible. 

Enjoy...

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 117 of 121
(11,411 Views)

You can probably simplify its use even more by adding the string to the FP's title. This way it would be visible as long as the VI is open.

(11,389 Views)

tst a écrit :

You can probably simplify its use even more by adding the string to the FP's title. This way it would be visible as long as the VI is open.

This was the first option I tried. I was not pleased with the result. Don't remember exactly why. I'll do another attempt...

0 Kudos
Message 119 of 121
(11,376 Views)

Now  I know why I didn't like to add the version number in the title bar : the VI name is duplicated.

Anyway, here is a modified version for those who would like to try it, and give their opinion ! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 120 of 121
(11,370 Views)