BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starware - A new concept ?

@rolfk wrote:

The original code in your VI for the clipboard handling looks a lot like my bitmap library with clipboard support, but since I believe that I didn't release that one before 2002 I think this is a different implementation.

A. Bartel's clipboard code was actually replaced with your VIs (with credit) in later versions of the code where I added in support for copying the image to the clipboard as well. I now incorporated this in as well, so you should be able to copy text on Mac and Linux as well if the function is implemented. I tried it in Windows and it didn't work, so I left the previous method.

Additional changes to this version -

• I moved the DLL calls into dynamically called VIs because LV versions before 8.0 would try to load them even if they were inside a disable structure.
  • Changed the controls to dialog controls.

RolfK, Thanks but the clipboard problem disappeared with LV 8.0 : there is now an application method which works on MacOS. 🙂

Message Edité par chilly charly le 09-29-2006 01:29 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 42 of 121
(23,146 Views)

@chilly charly wrote:
RolfK, Thanks but the clipboard problem disappeared with LV 8.0 : there is now an application method which works on MacOS. 🙂

Message Edité par chilly charly le 09-29-2006 01:29 PM

I know but this is for back to LabVIEW 6 and it does work but apparently goes around the internal LabVIEW clipboard somehow. If you try to paste the text in another application it should work but I have to admit I didn't try in 8.2, just 6.02, 7.1 and now 8.01.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 43 of 121
(23,147 Views)
So, are you saying the CodeCaptureTool does NOT work for Windows?
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 121
(22,414 Views)
No it does work on windows.

On Mac OS however only text can be pasted currently. Rolf has a library to copy images onto the clipboard for Windows.

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 121
(22,413 Views)

@mrbean wrote:
So, are you saying the CodeCaptureTool does NOT work for Windows?

I'm not sure where you got that idea. There was one version where there was a bug which only affected Windows users (as I mentioned), but that was fixed. If I remember correctly, the problem was that I did not set the inputs to Required, so in all the changes I did to have compatibility between different versions and platforms, I forgot to connect one wire.

To sum this up, in the current version -

Copying text -

• Before 8 - works by calling a function from the LabVIEW.exe file. The problem was that the text copied only goes into the system keyboard and not into the LV keyboard. Since you don't need the file path in LV, there's no problem with that.
  • 8.x - uses the built in method.

Copying images -

• Uses Rolf's VIs and only works in Windows.

(22,416 Views)
OK, so I have the code capture tool... Thanks to all that contribute... Although it does have problems with VIs that are in at least one of my .lvlib files in 8.5.  I will have to dig in and see what the issue is. 
My question is, how the heck do you paste the code directly into the post.  I can paste it into a file and attach it, but am missing the obvious to embed it directly into the post.
Thanks,
Paul

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 121
(19,748 Views)

I believe Ton said there is a problem with the colon in library names which I believe he solved. He's actually working on a new and improved version (what's up with that, Ton?).

To embed an image, you need to have its URL. The easiest thing to do is to post with the image as an attachment, right click the attachment link to get its URL and then edit the post and use the Insert an Image button to embed the image into the post.

BTW, a nice thing about the CCT is that it can copy the file path into the clipboard. That way you can immediately click in the attachment field and paste instead of browsing to the file.

OK.  got it, thanks... and rated. LOL
I have one more question about the utility.  What would be the purpose of capturing anything and selecting NO for the clip board option?

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 121
(19,727 Views)

I don't really remember, but the most likely option is that at the time I only had a DLL for copying text to the clipboard in Windows. That meant that other platforms (at least before LV 8.0) could only capture and save the image, but not copy it to the clipboard.

Another option is that it was simply a matter of giving the user the option of not overwriting the current content of the clipboard. Since the create image is available as a standard file, you don't HAVE to use the clipboard.

As for the future, with the changes Ton is making to the CCT, I can see the option of saving the created file to another location. In such a case, not writing to the clipboard would be even more useful.

(19,704 Views)