Well, here's a one-shot appraoch... 😉

Download All
Message 171 of 192
(3,851 Views)

One response.  Wow!  -SS

0 Kudos
Message 172 of 192
(3,839 Views)

OK one response doesn't do this justice....How did you embed the line in the transparent boolean like that?  🙂  -SS

0 Kudos
Message 173 of 192
(3,769 Views)

The main problem with the challenge is the fact that I cannot find a suitable fixed width font that mimics the commodore graphics. (but I haven't really searched very hard ;))

I made the boolean as follows:

1. place a simple classic boolean (flat square button) on the front panel
  2. right-click...advanced...customize.
  3. Temporarily put a line decoration on the control editor panel, resize and tilt 45 degrees
  4. select the line...copy (ctrl+c).
  5. right-click the button and import the graphics into one state
  6. tilt the line decoration the other way and import it into the the other state.
  7. delete the line decoration.
  8. Exit, replace original, don't save.
  9. Place in array container and color as desired (if not already colored in the control editor).
Message 174 of 192
(3,764 Views)

Saw a similar puzzle to this once and replicated it in VI form. The solution is fairly outside the box.

Run the VI then click start. Try to find a way to click stop without failing

No altering the VI in any way (properties, bd, fp, etc).

I want to know if people solve it in other ways, so maybe put a spoiler tag. There is a non-coding way to do this, and I'm sure the gurus here will find a way to beat this with LabVIEW. Either way, Kudos.

Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
0 Kudos
Message 175 of 192
(3,696 Views)

Here are some options:

Spoiler
  1. Press Ctrl+.  This will stop the VI, but that's not the actual requirement of the challenge.
  2. Tab to the stop button and press Enter. This also won't work because it wants a mouse down.
  3. Go through another window. This won't work because of the mouse leave/enter events. That also rules out other kinds of move-the-window-so-that-the-button-is-the-edge options.
  4. Use a touch screen. This will work, but I'm guessing that's not the solution you're looking for (or maybe it is)?
  5. Use the OS API to move the mouse directly to the other button. This will work, but it requires code.
  6. Use two mouse cursors in the OS and place the second on the stop button. As far as I know this is possible, but I'm guessing that's not what you meant either.

@tst wrote:

Here are some options:

Spoiler
  1. Press Ctrl+.  This will stop the VI, but that's not the actual requirement of the challenge.
  2. Tab to the stop button and press Enter. This also won't work because it wants a mouse down.
  3. Go through another window. This won't work because of the mouse leave/enter events. That also rules out other kinds of move-the-window-so-that-the-button-is-the-edge options.
  4. Use a touch screen. This will work, but I'm guessing that's not the solution you're looking for (or maybe it is)?
  5. Use the OS API to move the mouse directly to the other button. This will work, but it requires code.
  6. Use two mouse cursors in the OS and place the second on the stop button. As far as I know this is possible, but I'm guessing that's not what you meant either.

Yes, I should have said click the stop while the VI is running and trigger a pass. I imagine people will easily find a way to break that too, so I'm not changing the rules. Either way, very nice, I didn't think of the last three.

Spoiler
I was actually thinking people would find a way to trigger a mouse down event.

#3 was the solution of the original puzzle that prompted this. I was going that route when I realized there was no easy way to program it. Instead, I found a way to solve the puzzle that I inadvertantly made.

Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
0 Kudos
Message 177 of 192
(3,663 Views)

@JW-L3CE wrote:
Spoiler
I was actually thinking people would find a way to trigger a mouse down event.

I was going to write something this morning to do that.  I already had these VIs from a certain program.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Download All
Message 178 of 192
(3,654 Views)
Spoiler
Click the windows X.  Fail does not appear.  vi stops. solved. (The FP Leaves memory before the UI updates with LabVIEW 2012 With Highlight execution on) Or did you mean I need to generate a "Pass"1!.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 179 of 192
(3,638 Views)

Capture.PNG

Snippet of the vi required

1!.PNG

Spoiler
Position caller with the run vi button over "Start" click run.  without moving mouse click "Start"
Spoiler
Ctrl+Alt + Del to get out of the panel without a mouse leave event position cursor and return with mouse in Stop.  Click! LOL

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 180 of 192
(3,630 Views)