From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple LabVIEW Puzzle Challenge

Not a LabVIEW puzzle, but the Mercator Puzzle is handily the best demonstration of relative sizing of countries/continents I've ever seen! Drag the red territories around this map to visualize how they are distorted on the Mercator Projection (spoiler: the large red blob top center? That's Australia.).

MercatorProjection

Message 191 of 192
(2,099 Views)

A new game has been posted on the DIY Community Group called Dots and Boxes, which could be an ideal candidate for a LabVIEW challenge. It's strangely addictive and requires good mental agility when playing a challenging opponent. The game is simple enough that it includes a basic computer opponent that follows some simple rules for choosing moves, but it's fairly easy to beat once you become familiar with a few tactical strategies.

If you're up for the challenge, why not create your own computer opponent. Something that's a real challenge to beat. If there are enough submissions we could pitch them against each other, perhaps hold a little competition amongst ourselves to determine the best!

I'm working on one myself, but I don't think it'll be much better than the basic one included in the game Smiley Very Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 192 of 192
(1,854 Views)