BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rude Threads

@Steve Chandler wrote:

I still want to know what "reducing someones strawberry" means. If it is too rude for the public then someone who speaks French can PM me.

"Ramener sa fraise" word by word "to bring back one's strawberry is actually not rude, it's a kid's way to say "keep quiet".

The straw berry being an image for "head" or "face"

Let me stress it, this part is not rude at all, other parts of course are very rude.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 81 of 87
(7,668 Views)

It started here.  Security System Main Vi's project in .zip file not working with Labview 2012  until he managed to get that thread locked down by the moderator.

Not listening, he restarted the thread again.Conversion of my NI ELVIS II Security system vi's to LabVIEW 2009,2010 or 2011.  Not as rude.  I figured he was frustrated, so I tried to help.

So I put a lot of time into this thread. LabView 2012 Security System Main vi's have error 200559  Until it started to blow up around message 15-16.

Message 82 of 87
(7,545 Views)

Yeah, I was in the thick of it with you.    He was really stuck on "John Staskal" told him to do X.  Even though we repeatedly told him that John Staskal was wrong and told him exactly what to do, he just wouldn't listen.  Who is this John Staskal guy that can get people to listen to him and not us who have proved ourselves as experts.  Oh, that's right.  Dennis doesn't know anything about LabVIEW.  Can't seem to find the place where he said that.  Was there yet another thread about?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 83 of 87
(7,505 Views)

It was the first thread. It is not the first time a newbie has not understood the ramifications of knighthood, or as in Dennis' case uber-knighthood.

Working in an office where at any given moment I may hear conversations in German (our home office and a number of coworkers here), English, Romanian, Spanish and now Farsi (he is just teaching us phrases) I have become more sensitive to how sometime the nuances get lost when trying to converse with those for whom the intermediate language is not their first (or in the case of my Romanian colleagues, their second or possibly third) language.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 84 of 87
(7,473 Views)

And he just started up another thread:http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/NI-ELVIS-II-Freescale-hardware-required-to-run-security-vi-s-to/m-p/....  I just don't know who he could possibly talking about...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 85 of 87
(7,432 Views)

Thanks moderator or community manager!

Ali Tariq Bhatti

Advice: Some people talk on different issues and abusive against your post because they do not want to help and arguing with you on some other topic. You all will observe and I also observed, so also do not want to mention their name and best way is complaint them to the moderator. If anyone still wants to talk on different issues against the post, other way is to do private message.
~~~Be nice, have faith in ALLAH(God)~~~
0 Kudos
Message 86 of 87
(7,289 Views)

Richard

Message 87 of 87
(7,207 Views)