BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rude Threads

Google was supposed to be our friend but...

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 87
(12,271 Views)

How do I respond to this?  Do I respond?

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 87
(12,092 Views)

That was a bit rude, but not the worst it could have been.  Do you feel like you want to continue to help that person?

Perhaps you can say something like your intention is not to waste their time, but you have no idea what their background is so you have to assume they might have less experience than they might actually do.

Message 33 of 87
(12,089 Views)

No, I am done with that one.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 87
(12,076 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 87
(11,907 Views)

Ironically he questions us not spending $30 to use his chosen file compression method, but is asking for very expensive (at least at my normal billing rates) technical assistance for free! I'm also depressed that I'm an engineer wanna-be! Smiley Sad      

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 87
(11,898 Views)

Either way, it gave rise to this brilliant quote from Ben:

"my wife tells me not to bring up God and politics and those discusions of buffer re-use fall flat at most parties"

Love it!

( If those buffer re-use discussions ever stop falling flat, then it might be time to find another party!! Smiley Very Happy)

Message 37 of 87
(11,891 Views)

I don't understand people that insult all those who try to help.  Just like whoever it was that got us to start the Grumpy Old Men thread..

You know what...  I don't think he'll understand Ben's post either...  He'll have to experience the pain.. 

Another example of people I would never hire...  You can't work alone in a little bubble...  And you can't be right all the time..

Well... regardless...  if her call himself names, heck I won't argue with how he feels about himself..  But he should not put words in other people's mouths..

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 87
(11,888 Views)

"shouldn't put words into other peoples mouths", so true, and unsanitary as well!

In some cases I have written it off to cultural differences, people really under stress flailing around (sort of like trying to rescue a drowning person) or just plain psychiatric issues. Admittedly, those in the tech/science world frequently have poor "people skills"!

Not me of course Smiley Wink

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 87
(11,846 Views)

maybe a Sheldon type personality (BigBangTheory)

Asperger syndrome

I didn't know how to spell it in my earlier post, which is why I wrote a$$$$  for ASperger Syndrome.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 87
(11,833 Views)