From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rube Goldberg Code

@JÞB wrote:

There is something wrong with your cleanup settings.  The For loop grew(should have shrunk and the i term is wrongly placed), wires are on top of each other and the int wires cross twice.  Tell me that was not a Ctrl+U result 

It was a click on the cleanup button in the toolbar, nothing else. I won't spend time manually cleanup anything like that. 😄

Also, since I don't use cleanup for my own code, all settings are at their default. 😮

But yes, I agree it did not do a great job... and clicking cleanup a second time makes it even worse.....

0 Kudos
Message 2041 of 2,571
(10,244 Views)

... and look what cleanup (LV 2018) does to his client code:

MessUpButton.png

Strangely, if I do a ctrl+a , ctrl+c and copy it into notepad, things no longer overlap in the pasted image, so go figure. 😮 Also, a second cleanup push fixes the overlap.

0 Kudos
Message 2042 of 2,571
(10,243 Views)

The code MUST have autogrow off on some structures

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2043 of 2,571
(10,241 Views)

Autogrow on the while loop is enabled.

0 Kudos
Message 2044 of 2,571
(10,237 Views)

I always maintain that if the cleanup tool makes your block diagram look BETTER, you should really revisit your coding practices.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2045 of 2,571
(10,173 Views)

I know this isn't really the place for serious questions, but does Autogrow affect the behaviour of the auto-cleanup? And if so, how? (Why?!) (Assuming that either nothing is selected, or the entire diagram, etc)

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2046 of 2,571
(10,165 Views)

Actually, it is the other way around!

BD Cleanup affects almost everything (except, maybe, comments)!

If you have any structure with Autogrow enabled, BD Cleanup would still reduce the size of this structure if it it unnecessarily/unusually big/large.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2047 of 2,571
(10,161 Views)

@parthabe wrote:

BD Cleanup affects almost everything (except, maybe, comments)!

And (I presume) structures that have "Exclude from Diagram Cleanup?" turned on...

0 Kudos
Message 2048 of 2,571
(10,089 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

And (I presume) structures that have "Exclude from Diagram Cleanup?" turned on...

I have seen a difference with that one 🙂 

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2049 of 2,571
(10,079 Views)

That's obvious!

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2050 of 2,571
(10,075 Views)