BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rube Goldberg Code

What about the bit in the blue markup!!!

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 01-25-2007 07:00 AM

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 21 of 2,565
(30,038 Views)

You never know, the FALSE case might contain more code, e.g. a dialog box or subVI call. We cannot be sure from the picture alone, so I did not judge it.

Most likely you're right and there's nothing but a FALSE in the other case. 😉

Message 22 of 2,565
(30,035 Views)

WARNING - BAD PUN AHEAD!

@shoneill wrote:

Somehow I always knew LabVIEW was referring to ME when it complained about "Insane Objects"......

Or in your case, that should be "InShane Objects"... Smiley Surprised

I can hear the "Boo"s all the way here.

I am fixing new code...  You see what I'm up against...

Do I need to explain what's wrong with the array indexing in this example? (and I have better examples coming up 😉 )

OK... I shouldn't say "wrong"... maybe that's too strong...  How about inefficient?  or simply Goldberged code, maybe??  😄

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 01-25-200708:59 AM

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 01-25-2007 09:04 AM

Download All
Message 24 of 2,565
(30,024 Views)

Can't edit anymore... 😞

This is the image I wanted to post..

Message 25 of 2,565
(30,013 Views)

Here's a fun one..   

It compares elements in two array to see if there is a match..

I added the comment in the bottom Case Statement.  I should have removed it altogether.. 😄

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 01-25-2007 09:24 AM

Message 26 of 2,565
(29,848 Views)
Oh, these are good! The code is a bit hard to understand (especially in the second image) since we don't know what feeds the right shift register from the inside. There should be a law against straying from a horizontal line this much. 😉

I assume you're turrning all this into a "one-liner", just operating on the 2D array ("in place", of course). 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 2,565
(29,838 Views)

@JoeLabView wrote:

That one took me a minute to figure out, but yes, assuming that there are no other cases, or that they are the same, then simply using the equel node should be enough. That is really confusing.

It gets worse to the left of it.. I can't show it because of vi names... But imagine that what's in front of it came from a previous screen within a Stacked Sequential Structure.  Some of which have multiple levels of embedded frames!!

Here's one such sub-vi within that code.  Not that it's wrong... Just : WHY???  (PS: that is the entire content of the sub-vi)

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 01-25-2007 10:37 AM

Message 29 of 2,565
(29,826 Views)

@altenbach wrote:
I assume you're turrning all this into a "one-liner", just operating on the 2D array ("in place", of course). 🙂

Yes... but I too need to understand what's going on first!  😮
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 2,565
(29,825 Views)