BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rube Goldberg Code

One of the funniest questions ever asked (seriously answered by NI, at an eCLA summit I think), after introducing first the diagram cleanup, then the quick drop:

Spoiler

Would QD make it possible to do a diagram clean up (Ctrl+space) followed immediately with a (Ctrl+Z).

It took a while before the engineer answered: "Yes! That's possible now we have the quick drop!". Completely missing the intended pun.

Message 2051 of 2,565
(11,360 Views)

@parthabe wrote:

Actually, it is the other way around!

BD Cleanup affects almost everything (except, maybe, comments)!

If you have any structure with Autogrow enabled, BD Cleanup would still reduce the size of this structure if it it unnecessarily/unusually big/large.

Did You mean comments without attachment arrows? Or hashtags,? With auto drag off and no bookmark managers active?  

You don't want to auto drag, attach comments, bookmark and bookmark manager plus Ctrl+U.   But  fire the guy that makes you want too do that anyway 

😄

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2052 of 2,565
(11,222 Views)

Haven't seen on of those in a while....  (note the navigation window for the scale of things 🐵

RGSEQ.png

Message 2053 of 2,565
(11,119 Views)

Wow....

On the plus side, when customers are complaining about load times you can easily optimize by removing waits Smiley Very Happy

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2054 of 2,565
(11,102 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

Wow....

On the plus side, when customers are complaining about load times you can easily optimize by removing waits Smiley Very Happy

How to become wealthy:

1. Become a LabVIEW consultant
  2. Ask forum users featured in Rube Goldberg thread where they work
  3. ...
  4. $$$$ Profit $$$$
Message 2055 of 2,565
(11,080 Views)

So, somebody suggested to replace the sequence structure with a FOR loop. Here's what came out of that! 😮

(I didn't think that it could be made worse, but yes, he did!)

SeqToFOR-Rube.png

Message 2056 of 2,565
(10,998 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

So, somebody suggested to replace the sequence structure with a FOR loop. Here's what came out of that! 😮

Not sure if I want to laugh or cry... Started with laughing though.

Message 2057 of 2,565
(10,968 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

SeqToFOR-Rube.png

If I ever start producing code like this, please take me out behind the shed and shoot me.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2058 of 2,565
(10,917 Views)

Me for @

https://i.gifer.com/D0kM.gif

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 2059 of 2,565
(10,910 Views)

@billko wrote:

If I ever start producing code like this, please take me out behind the shed and shoot me.  😄

Folks,

Please do delete the big picture while you quote someone's message; it is more painful (like those huge BDs) to scroll down all the way to see your actual reply! Smiley Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2060 of 2,565
(10,907 Views)