BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rube Goldberg Code

Well....  I ran the original implementation from the original code..  To be frank, I don't know if it ever worked.  I am meeting with the client this afternoon to try to understand this mystery.  The two While Loops, the top stops right away and the bottom runs forever.

The strange part about the first loop is that it is a 2 x 10 array, not a 2 x 128, so it pads a bunch of zeros as would be expected.  Now, this could be a consequence of me running it and possibly not getting all the data that should have been produced...

As for the stuff in the bottom image... Oh yeah... Grandiose RG, but what is it really supposed to do?? 

--- sigh ---

0 Kudos
Message 1011 of 2,565
(12,136 Views)
"Well.... I ran the original implementation from the original code.. To be frank, I don't know if it ever worked. I am meeting with the client this afternoon to try to understand this mystery. The two While Loops, the top stops right away and the bottom runs forever. The strange part about the first loop is that it is a 2 x 10 array, not a 2 x 128, so it pads a bunch of zeros as would be expected. Now, this could be a consequence of me running it and possibly not getting all the data that should have been produced... As for the stuff in the bottom image... Oh yeah... Grandiose RG, but what is it really supposed to do?? " Looks to me like it's doing exactly what it's meant to do. It's designed purely to mess with your mind and warp it like a corkscrew until you can't see the point!! James (Surely it's a RG that I can never use the Quote button on IE but have to copy and paste people's messages instead!!)
CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 1012 of 2,565
(12,108 Views)
Argh - that's a bloody awful post I just did - totally unreadable in an easy world Sorry
CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 1013 of 2,565
(12,107 Views)

@James W wrote:
Argh - that's a bloody awful post I just did - totally unreadable in an easy world Sorry

here  Trust me it helps

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1014 of 2,565
(12,102 Views)

Jeff, what were you trying to link to? It looks like it was intended to be a link to Firefox 6, but the link says the file was not found.

Message 1015 of 2,565
(12,095 Views)

Thanks!

Firefox 8

0 Kudos
Message 1016 of 2,565
(12,092 Views)

Fellow Champion Mark Yedinak asked to be inducted into the Rube Goldberg hall of fame here and I am happy to do so with full honors. 😄

The solution of converting a 1D array to a 2D array as suggested:

but I think all we need is the following:

Of course the solutions are not equivalent, because Mark's solutions adds another row of zeroes. I doubt this is desired or required to create an input for excel easy table. (I don't have the toolkit installed)

Message 1017 of 2,565
(12,009 Views)

That has got  to sting---  Sorry Mark!  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1018 of 2,565
(11,999 Views)

This post can be labeled Table Woes and is based on the comedy/tragedy of this thread.

The problem description is simple enough, but one hour later we get the first "blue" answer with a hair raising piece of code:

• For some reason we need to kick the entire calculation to the third dimension for no reason.
  • Once data is entered in the first column, there is an exponential memory leak. The array size doubles every time we run the VI! 😞

Labnoob, the original poster, finally "solves" the problem with only a linear memory leak and code that would make Rube Goldberg proud (top of image below).

Below it is my quick attempt to bring some sanity to the thread. It probably needs a few tweaks depending on the rest of the code. At least we no longer have any memory leak! Also, what's the obsession with sequence frames????

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1019 of 2,565
(11,969 Views)

Wish that it were a simple as using a different browser.

The company IT policy will not support us for any problems on browsers other than IE.

is this an IE issue with the NI site or an issue with our IT security infrastructure - i.e. can anyone else duplicate on Internet Exploder 9?

James

0 Kudos
Message 1020 of 2,565
(11,921 Views)