BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rube Goldberg Code

@Ray.R wrote:

The sunshine was brief  😞  Access to the station I am working on is limited..  Can't let sunshine get in the way..

Any of you guys in SC?

Jeff's purty good at extractin' the requirements... or mind-readin'

If you dealt with some of my customers you'ld get the same experience!  It's not mind reading as much as a side effect from close interaction with free roaming engineers studied in situ

You Might Be An Engineer If...You have a pet named after a scientist.  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy My Green Cheeked Cunure is named "Kepler" OH NO I might be catching engineer's disorder by overexposure!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 921 of 2,565
(11,852 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

OH NO I might be catching engineer's disorder by overexposure!

There has got to be a bad joke related to a New York State congressman in there somewhere------ Hnb Mr Wiener?? --- anyone??

Message 922 of 2,565
(11,832 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

OH NO I might be catching engineer's disorder by overexposure!

There has got to be a bad joke related to a New York State congressman in there somewhere------ Hnb Mr Wiener?? --- anyone??

At first I though no but then reconcidered since Anthony's junk and the code snippets shared in this thread are obsenities I would rather not see.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 923 of 2,565
(11,800 Views)

snippet junk??

0 Kudos
Message 924 of 2,565
(11,735 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

snippet junk??

I heard Shepard Smith use the term "Junk e-mailer".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 925 of 2,565
(11,724 Views)

@broken Arrow wrote:

@Ben wrote:

@broken Arrow wrote:

To sequentially index an array, so many people wire sequential numbers to individual Index Array functions rather than just expanding the function. I see it all the time, even by experienced wire slingers.

"Back in the day" we had no choice.

Ben

Ahhh, the good old days.....

Didn't know they did kinky things with ties "back in the day". Smiley Surprised

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 926 of 2,565
(11,676 Views)

... I worry that I'm going to see my latest code snippet.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 927 of 2,565
(11,670 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

OK

untitled.PNG

Smiley Very Happy

You shouldn't post challenges like that Jim1

0 Kudos
Message 928 of 2,565
(11,615 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

@jcarmody wrote:

OK

Smiley Very Happy

You shouldn't post challenges like that Jim1

Wonderful 🙂 Thanks.  Now you just need to explain what's Rube-ish about it...

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 929 of 2,565
(11,612 Views)

The comparison to constant is not needed since you can use the case to switch on the constant.

Actually, All (that I can think of off the bat) Comparisons to constants feeding a case selector are r-g

Message 930 of 2,565
(11,609 Views)