From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

She only wanted blueberries.

I have entered year 3 of trying to learn to feed myself and I am not doing well.

Fist year failed do to globe trotting and lack of care and knowlege of what I was doing. When I got back from a trip all of my potatoes were dead and it looked like a weed-wacker had done them in. I latter learned that potatoes die off while the tubors still develop after digging around.

Second year did better but I dugg them up too early giving only these little things that were not large enough to cook so I stashed them away in a basket in my basement in the hopes of using a seed potatoes this year.

So they did not wait for my to start growing and I had a basket of potatoes all sprouting and it seemed a sahme to toss them so I planted them this week-end.

lat night I was weeding and noticed the tips of the growth on the potatoes plants were browning off and the parts that were very close to the ground were growing down instead of up.

Yes Sir, I think I planted them all upside down!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 2,258
(15,881 Views)

Up here in the Ottawa area a group is providing some plastic barrels for growing potatoes vertically in a confined space. The product of these are to be given to the local food bank. With this technique you might be able to turn it over if you decided you had planted them upside down!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 62 of 2,258
(15,875 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Ben

Now if potatoes were a LabVIEW array, you could use an in-place structure to invert them all.

Message 63 of 2,258
(15,835 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Damn it Jim, I'm a physist not a farmer

Ben,

here in Germany we say the stupid farmer gets the biggest potatoes (  Fortune favors fools) , so I see already one excuse  😄

We just got the first fresh radish out of our garden 🙂  Potatoes will be less this year, family democracy voted for more strawberries (I have three children, guess why 😉 )

(And: There is no upside down for potatoes Smiley Tongue)

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 64 of 2,258
(15,826 Views)

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

@Ben wrote:

Ben

Now if potatoes were a LabVIEW array, you could use an in-place structure to invert them all.

I don't recomment an invertion. Just think about how a potatoe would look like after such a procedure 😉

However a coordinate transformation 

( cos(rad)  sin(rad)    0;

-sin(rad)  cos(rad)    0;

0           0          1)

would be possible  (farmers math: a plough).

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 65 of 2,258
(15,822 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Calling it a lightbulb was pure marketing genius.

Today it would have been called a space heater with a small, but usable emission in the visible spectrum.

Heh, true, a halogen should be called a sauna.

On the highlight execution topic:

Turning on highlight execution slows down the CoulombsData/second through your wires. This should decrease the Amperage through the tungsten wire and turn the lightbulb off. Yet somehow the lightbulb turns on? Has NI found free energy and not told us?

Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
Message 66 of 2,258
(15,794 Views)

@JW-L3CE wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

Calling it a lightbulb was pure marketing genius.

Today it would have been called a space heater with a small, but usable emission in the visible spectrum.

Heh, true, a halogen should be called a sauna.

On the highlight execution topic:

Turning on highlight execution slows down the CoulombsData/second through your wires. This should decrease the Amperage through the tungsten wire and turn the lightbulb off. Yet somehow the lightbulb turns on? Has NI found free energy and not told us?

NO NO NO-  the energy to turn on the light is removed parasitically from the speed of data on a wire- explaining both the glow and the data flow reduction.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 67 of 2,258
(15,774 Views)

The Terrorism of people at animal level

I calculated 98% of people are animal level. They elect animal level politicians and from here start corruptions, poverty, primitivism…look at Greece for example.

I created a new political party: Partidul Transilvania Mare (PTM)

The wisest will be the president of PTM (no elections).

It is the only way to eliminate the elections.

This is the way to escape from communism and capitalism and to create a new society based on Evolution.

Look at France today divided between left and right; I recommend Wisdom!

http://ferentadrian.tk

0 Kudos
Message 68 of 2,258
(15,751 Views)

Yawwwwnnnn!!!

More of the same nonsense being spewed.

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 2,258
(15,748 Views)

@alfa1 wrote:

The Terrorism of people at animal level

Isn't http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geniocracy similar to what you're describing? Perhaps a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meritocracy?

0 Kudos
Message 70 of 2,258
(15,737 Views)