From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@Ben wrote:
Ben "Why do all Italians smell of body odor?"

Barmaid: "Why do all Americans smell like flowers?"

It is actually sad that olfactory senses has been completely eliminated in society. Without showers, deodorants, and perfumes you would quickly learn to immediately recognize who is standing behind you, even if they are completely silent. Collectively, we lost one potentially useful dimension interacting with the world.

This definitely makes life more difficult to the blind and hearing impaired. What a handicap!

Message 2221 of 2,258
(10,384 Views)

I suspect that those living in the Middle Ages were somewhat "noseblind" so as to survive in the soup of stench that would be open sewage in the street, rotting animals, unbathed neighbors (and self). Living away from "civilization" probably allowed more olfactory sensitivity.

On a bulletin sign in front of a firehouse that had, for this current "social distancing", "If you can smell the fart, you are too close!". I guess, judging from dried beans being sparse on the local grocery shelves, many are taking the firehouse recommendation seriously.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 2222 of 2,258
(10,340 Views)

John Horton Conway died..

I programed the game of live for my Sinclair, VC64, Apple II ... ASM, BASIC, UCSD PASCAL, last time at University in FORTRAN 77...  somehow never in LabVIEW

Thank You John

rip_john_conway_2x

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/rip_john_conway_2x.gif ..

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 2223 of 2,258
(10,279 Views)

I haven't wore deodorant in 6 days.  It reminds me of the Ray Romano joke about his son.  He said he brags about things you shouldn't admit to, like "I haven't showered in four days".  I do still shower regularly.

0 Kudos
Message 2224 of 2,258
(10,238 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

I haven't wore deodorant in 6 days.  It reminds me of the Ray Romano joke about his son.  He said he brags about things you shouldn't admit to, like "I haven't showered in four days".  I do still shower regularly.

I've consistently not shaved for 2-3 days.  It does not look good, but I don't really care.  I'll shave when my wife complains.  Yes, I do still shower regularly as well.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2225 of 2,258
(10,235 Views)

I too wrote "The Game of Life" in a number of languages, not LabVIEW either. We, sadly, will see more names of those who we "knew".

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2226 of 2,258
(10,259 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I've consistently not shaved for 2-3 days.  It does not look good, but I don't really care.

I've never not shaved for more than a long weekend or so but since I never use my camera in any meetings I figured I would use this time to test out the no shave look

3-4 weeks in and it looks like it will be a failed experiment but I don't really see any point in stopping now.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2227 of 2,258
(10,252 Views)

I have actually been in training for this since last September.  That is when I moved across the country and started working from home. 

✔️ The wife suggested growing a beard since it was getting cold in October

✔️ Found good slippers to work in (you can wear the cheap slippers out wearing them everyday)

✔️ Sweat pants/pajama bottoms

✔️ Lots of free/swag tshirts

✔️ Used to staying home all day

✔️ Still excited about making trash runs to the local collection area on Thursday's to get out of the house

It is just hard to figure out what to wear for casual Fridays....... 

Message 2228 of 2,258
(10,248 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Once every 10 days is still very regular, literally speaking...

0 Kudos
Message 2229 of 2,258
(10,245 Views)

@_Bryan wrote:

It is just hard to figure out what to wear for casual Fridays....... 

It's always been pretty casual dress around the office at NI (at least in Support) so, at least for a while, some people were doing the exact opposite by participating in a "formal" Friday.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2230 of 2,258
(10,243 Views)