BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

Ahh, the dark side! 😄

 

Happy holidays to you too! Make sure to occasionally visit here 😄


LabVIEW Champion. It all comes together in GCentral GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2031 of 2,075
(754 Views)

I had developed an architecture for a complex assembly line and turned it over to a four person development team last November and walked away to let them implement the details. I was asked to consult on change that is desired so I updated my source code from SVN this morning.

 

"added 3495 files"

 

Smiley Surprised !

 

I had left them with 2500 nearabouts .

 

Oh my!

 

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 2032 of 2,075
(633 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I had developed an architecture for a complex assembly line and turned it over to a four person development team last November and walked away to let them implement the details. I was asked to consult on change that is desired so I updated my source code from SVN this morning.

 

"added 3495 files"

 

Smiley Surprised !

 

I had left them with 2500 nearabouts .

 

Oh my!

 

Ben


I can't justify a kudos but, sympathize with your pain

0 Kudos
Message 2033 of 2,075
(617 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@Ben wrote:

I had developed an architecture for a complex assembly line and turned it over to a four person development team last November and walked away to let them implement the details. I was asked to consult on change that is desired so I updated my source code from SVN this morning.

 

"added 3495 files"

 

Smiley Surprised !

 

I had left them with 2500 nearabouts .

 

Oh my!

 

Ben


I can't justify a kudos but, sympathize with your pain


Actually it was rather painless. I only had to show them that the code was ready and they only needed to read the note "insert language translation look-up table here".

 

When they clear the video for public consumption, I will post same. It is way cool and an excellent example of "Electron vs Holes" as charge carriers.

 

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 2034 of 2,075
(614 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

@Ben wrote:

I had developed an architecture for a complex assembly line and turned it over to a four person development team last November and walked away to let them implement the details. I was asked to consult on change that is desired so I updated my source code from SVN this morning.

 

"added 3495 files"

 

Smiley Surprised !

 

I had left them with 2500 nearabouts .

 

Oh my!

 

Ben


I can't justify a kudos but, sympathize with your pain


Actually it was rather painless. I only had to show them that the code was ready and they only needed to read the note "insert language translation look-up table here".

 

When they clear the video for public consumption, I will post same. It is way cool and an excellent example of "Electron vs Holes" as charge carriers.

 

Ben


"#" 😄

0 Kudos
Message 2035 of 2,075
(611 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

@Ben wrote:

I had developed an architecture for a complex assembly line and turned it over to a four person development team last November and walked away to let them implement the details. I was asked to consult on change that is desired so I updated my source code from SVN this morning.

 

"added 3495 files"

 

Smiley Surprised !

 

I had left them with 2500 nearabouts .

 

Oh my!

 

Ben


I can't justify a kudos but, sympathize with your pain


Actually it was rather painless. I only had to show them that the code was ready and they only needed to read the note "insert language translation look-up table here".

 

When they clear the video for public consumption, I will post same. It is way cool and an excellent example of "Electron vs Holes" as charge carriers.

 

Ben


Ben:

 

Anything to do with Nickel Oxide and EUV femtosecond lasers?

Going (very far) out a limb here....

 

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2036 of 2,075
(579 Views)

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

...

 

Anything to do with Nickel Oxide and EUV femtosecond lasers?

Going (very far) out a limb here....

 

-AK2DM


No, nothing that interesting.

 

I can say without breaking any rules that it is a high-tech assembly line that use Magnemotion ...

 

 

to move widgets from station to station along the assembly line. Unique build steps happening at each station.

 

The "hole vs electron" comment is related to watching the carriers when there are dozens of them backed-up waiting to enter the assembly line. As the lead carrier is released from the back-up the ones behind take its place. So the carriers move forward and the hole they leave behind moves backwards.

 

Sea Story

 

Spoiler

 

When I went to college I was studying Engineering Physics which did an even split of Electrical Engineering, Physics and Material Science Engineering. When taking exams I would be presented with questions like "in the diagram below, which way does current flow?" TO properly answer the question, I had to first answer the question "Which building am I in?" since EE and Physics handled charge carrier the opposite way.

 

 

 

Ben

 

 

 

 

0 Kudos
Message 2037 of 2,075
(565 Views)

 

Sea Story

 

Spoiler

 

When I went to college I was studying Engineering Physics which did an even split of Electrical Engineering, Physics and Material Science Engineering. When taking exams I would be presented with questions like "in the diagram below, which way does current flow?" TO properly answer the question, I had to first answer the question "Which building am I in?" since EE and Physics handled charge carrier the opposite way.

 

 

 

Ben

 

The physics books usually have a discourse about current and conventional current .  One example of the 50-50-90 rule(*1)  Electrons and protons actually have positive and negative charges respectively.   (Makes the math right)  the Earths "North pole" attracts the north pole of a magnet.... 

 

*1: 50 50 chance 90 percent of the choices made being wrong

Message 2038 of 2,075
(517 Views)

Well, this is a strange Instrument Control topic:

InstrumentControl.JPG

-AK2DM

 

Edit: Forget to mention when I saw CR1 and K1 in the topic I thought the post was about spike suppression for relay coils!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2039 of 2,075
(270 Views)

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

Well, this is a strange Instrument Control topic:


It's just spam. Most likely a setup to come back later and reply with a link to sell fake documentation or such. Since it is clearly offtopic, just report it to the moderator. It ended up here because the OP searched the web for the term "visa" (even added a tag!) and did not realize that our use of the term is very different. 😄

 

(Same was posted here and look at the replies... all have links to some fake visa support site.)


LabVIEW Champion. It all comes together in GCentral GCentral
Message 2040 of 2,075
(252 Views)