BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@JÞB wrote:

@Blokk 
  1. Pull hair out

Seems weird polluting this thread with talk of LabVIEW...

I have seen instances of all of the called child classes placed in the "error" case of the case structure that is the first thing executed. never gets called but it brings it into the collection.

And now to get this thread back off-topic and let me vent just a little...

Spoiler
I can not speak for myself but those that choose to serve in the military are NOT the lowest of the low.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1881 of 2,258
(10,075 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

@Blokk 
  1. Pull hair out

Seems weird polluting this thread with talk of LabVIEW...

Ben

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 1882 of 2,258
(10,064 Views)

Spoiler

An associate asked about how a magnetic sensor works being baffled that it only had it only had two wires. I explained it and then finished with;

You know Maxwell said voltage is proportional to dB/dt.

You get a chance to quote Maxwell before you finish your first cup of coffee.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1883 of 2,258
(10,006 Views)

Of course, you could correctly attribute Faraday

Just saying-  Must have been drinking coffee that was "Good to the last drop"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1884 of 2,258
(9,981 Views)

Guess what kind of cage I am being kept in these days .

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1885 of 2,258
(9,960 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Guess what kind of cage I am being kept in these days .

Hmmm... You develop in LabVIEW so a "Guilded cage?" Smiley Tongue

I have been spending my spare time on that Hobbit Hole for my better-half who finally figured out what I have had in mind. This video summarizes a month worth of spare time.

I had to figure out how to make a concrete form to install some steps that then let me put in a new door frame and cove sections for the ceiling.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1886 of 2,258
(9,943 Views)

Squirrel Cage?  That's what it feels like here sometimes!

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 1887 of 2,258
(9,939 Views)

@Ben wrote:

my wife handed me the paper work on a place we are considering purchasing to fix up and rent out. It was mostly disclosure info about possible issues with the place. Almost every page was lined out indicating the seller did not rule out any number of problems running the entire range imaginable, flooding, radon gas, lead paint... you fill in the possible problem.

What had me laughing out loud was the final page ...

Spoiler

that was a "hold Harmless" agreement I was supposed to sign before even entering the place!

Enter at your own risk.

Ben

I received an update today that our LLC was approved by the state and we will be closing on that place tomorrow afternoon. The granddaughters received their safety glasses on Sunday and promptly decorated them with gem stickers so they are ready to chip in. It is only appropriate. I grew up in a series of "handy man specials" so it would be good for the girls to get an idea what remodeling is really like.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1888 of 2,258
(9,922 Views)

All kidding aside, if the place has mold, possible lead paint, asbestos, have those kids sealed up like a hazmat team until the remediation is well along. Not so bad for us oldies, most of the damage has probably been done, but young growing cells and organisms are more sensitive to a lot of toxic "stuff".

Not enough to do with the "Hobbit Hole"?

I wish I had the energy of you youngsters!   😉

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 1889 of 2,258
(9,913 Views)

The old ones will look into all of that before the girls can get involved.

The Hobbit Hole is to keep me busy.

Spoiler
My better-half promised I can put a greenhouse on the back of our place when I complete the drywall and carpentry for the Hobbit Hole. She will do the spackling and sanding. When I retire I will be adding the nice wood-work. And then there is the spring development projects, ram pumps, steam engine, and stone walk-ways... So the plan is I do very little.

The disaster is for my brother, sister and son. They will earn their way into ownership of the LLC by investing their spare time. My better-half and I will put up the funds to keep the wheels moving.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1890 of 2,258
(9,906 Views)