From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

Public service reminder!

Read at your own risk!

Spoiler

The situation that is developing between N Korea and the US could be devastating. I have heard and read reports indicating that N Korea has up to 60 atomic weapons. The missile delivery systems may now be possible to deliver them as far as the US.

It only takes about 4 nukes deployed as EMP weapons to take out most of the electronics in use today and destroy the electrical grid.

The US has moved to a "just in time delivery" system for food delivered to grocery stores. The old-time "back-room" simply does not exist. If the electronics that tell what needs to go where when, and controls the operation of the vehicles and machinery that moves that food are damaged, the "World As We Know It" could change very fast and without warning.

There is no harm in having some food stock-piled along with water for you and your family.

While I invite one and all to think and research what it takes to survive post-TEOTWAWKI, at the very least please consider the minimums and be ready "just in case".

And if a major event takes place, let me say now that it was very nice coming to know many of you and I thank you for your presence here in this group of unique talent. May our maker smile on you and care for you!

Thank you!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1721 of 2,258
(10,148 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Public service reminder!

Read at your own risk!

Spoiler

The situation that is developing between N Korea and the US could be devastating. I have heard and read reports indicating that N Korea has up to 60 atomic weapons. The missile delivery systems may now be possible to deliver them as far as the US.

It only takes about 4 nukes deployed as EMP weapons to take out most of the electronics in use today and destroy the electrical grid.

The US has moved to a "just in time delivery" system for food delivered to grocery stores. The old-time "back-room" simply does not exist. If the electronics that tell what needs to go where when, and controls the operation of the vehicles and machinery that moves that food are damaged, the "World As We Know It" could change very fast and without warning.

There is no harm in having some food stock-piled along with water for you and your family.

While I invite one and all to think and research what it takes to survive post-TEOTWAWKI, at the very least please consider the minimums and be ready "just in case".

And if a major event takes place, let me say now that it was very nice coming to know many of you and I thank you for your presence here in this group of unique talent. May our maker smile on you and care for you!

Thank you!

Ben

If that happens, i hope this week 🙂 Right now i am in Finland, i love this country 🙂 Very close to nature, and very self sustainable. I could live on fish for the whole year 🙂

Message 1722 of 2,258
(10,143 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

GerdW: "Hi details,"

Technical_details: "Hi Gred,"

GerdW: "Hi Dteails," Smiley Very Happy

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Alternate-for-nested-case-structure/m-p/3673575#M1032580

Nice catch.  Typically people misspell my avatar and I usually just let it slide.  Also I have a search filter setup so that I get an email whenever someone on the forums mentions my avatar, but of course I needed to add the common misspellings of it for it to be effective.

Message 1723 of 2,258
(10,139 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

If that happens, i hope this week 🙂 Right now i am in Finland, i love this country 🙂 Very close to nature, and very self sustainable. I could live on fish for the whole year 🙂

"Do you want fries with fish?"

Trivia Time!

I heard of a nuke disaster expert say that the biggest surprise that people will be faced with after a nuke attack is how many people survived!

Spoiler

If I have my numbers right, a 10 megaton bomb in the center of Los Angeles would only kill about 100K people. The "fire ball" would be about 200 meters across and it would be about 7000 degrees. Not sure if that was Degrees F, C, or K but at that level, does it make much difference?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1724 of 2,258
(10,138 Views)

Kelvin never graduated.  So, there are no degrees in that scale.  

At 7k the @273 K difference between the Celcius scale is negligible.  I doubt that I could report the difference between K and Ferinheight after direct exposure by personal experience or direct sensor reading.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1725 of 2,258
(10,125 Views)

I was finishing off the weeding of the raspberry patch when I was startled by motion in the corner of my view.

I have steel cages around most of the garden boxes so they do not disturb me. But if quietly pulling weeds and out of nowhere a flash of fur, it caught me off-guard.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1726 of 2,258
(10,112 Views)

I'm sure many got a better picture, but here is what we saw in Cincinnati using my hole in a cardboard box.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Download All
Message 1727 of 2,258
(10,063 Views)

I got some terrible pictures through my eclipse glasses that I'm not going to even bother sharing. Luckily there are people who know what they're doing on twitter to get some amazing images.

Spoiler
DHxaqHaWAAAVdE_
Spoiler
DHyD_DZV0AAfjPe
Spoiler
DHyH5wbXoAExK9s
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1728 of 2,258
(10,023 Views)

My better-half was shocked and disappointed when I told her that I had supplied all of the eclipse glasses that were used to view the vent at my place of work. She figured that a place infested with engineers and scientists would mean everyone would have their own. If it was not for the quick pin-hole viewer put together at the last minute, and the glasses she had purchase for me, it would have been  case of " the cobbler's children go barefoot."

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1729 of 2,258
(9,998 Views)

I was fetching some mortar last night that I had stashed to repoint some of the brick work in my Hobbit hole and took this picture since it is unique. I wanted a root cellar since I do not have room for all of the spuds I was growing and besides, I also wanted a Faraday cage ... just in case. I have some more stone work to do to finish it off but my better-half likes it.

Ben 

0 Kudos
Message 1730 of 2,258
(9,936 Views)