BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

Ben, I would worry about humidity on the old cave walls covered by the new ones. At least some air circulation?

Mold isn't that healthy 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 1471 of 2,258
(10,587 Views)

@Henrik_Volkers wrote:

Ben, I would worry about humidity on the old cave walls covered by the new ones. At least some air circulation?

Mold isn't that healthy 😉

Please feel free to educate me on that subject.

What am I missing, should add, or re-do?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1472 of 2,258
(10,577 Views)

I'm in a bowling league with some friends and got this game tonight. I've been bowling for a while and never gotten a 300 so I was getting really nervous. Best game I've had in a long time.

unnamed.jpg

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 1473 of 2,258
(10,542 Views)

Not bad.  222 is my best.  Haven't played competitively in a long time though.

0 Kudos
Message 1474 of 2,258
(10,533 Views)

Did you get nervous at the end? That's a real shame but you'll get it someday.

I bet the guys at the bowling alley were already looking for their two individual keys to "unlock the fireworks reserved for that occasion...

I saw a documentary once about a guy who wanted to become a pro golfer and he trained all the time, but what did the trick, in the end, to push him to a 0 handicap was working with a mental coach. Shows how important the mental game is.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 1475 of 2,258
(10,529 Views)

I witnessed a guy get 299 in a game once.  He was "only training" but how often do you get to see that (in Ireland, not so often).

One lonely last pin left standing.  I think the dozens of people standing around oohing and aahing might have put him off.  I felt so sorry for the guy.

0 Kudos
Message 1476 of 2,258
(10,573 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

I witnessed a guy get 299 in a game once.  He was "only training" but how often do you get to see that (in Ireland, not so often).

One lonely last pin left standing.  I think the dozens of people standing around oohing and aahing might have put him off.  I felt so sorry for the guy.

Its been a while since I've played, but if you missed the last pin the the last frame, wouldn't you end up with 297?

0 Kudos
Message 1477 of 2,258
(10,563 Views)

No because the last three strikes don't accumulate like the ones before.  The last strike gives only 10 points, not 30 like during "regular" frames.

That's what I always thought at least, otherwise the total score would be more than 300.

Message 1478 of 2,258
(10,559 Views)

Its been a while since I've played, but if you missed the last pin the the last frame, wouldn't you end up with 297?

The last frame, the 10th, you get two bonus balls if you get a strike.  That way you can get the up to 30 points in the final frame.

If you get a spare in the 10th, then you only get 1 bonus ball.

Message 1479 of 2,258
(10,551 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

I'm in a bowling league with some friends and got this game tonight. I've been bowling for a while and never gotten a 300 so I was getting really nervous. Best game I've had in a long time.

@sweet!  Let me guess, You left the 7-10 for the pin-setter as a tip? My best ever was a 276 but @ 15years ago, while fixing a window sash that was sticky, I fixed it too well dropping the sash on my "driving" finger just above the top knuckle.  I've not been able to bowl since without that tendon.  

Spoiler
Hurts like heck during the release when that joint gets the torque from the ball.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1480 of 2,258
(10,532 Views)