BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

I usually shave about once every 3 or 4 weeks.  Grow out big beard, starts to get food in it, shave down to a goatee, repeat.  But I was actually starting to shave more regularly going for the friendly mutton chops look.  Lock down happened and now I'm back to not shaving.

Message 2231 of 2,258
(10,872 Views)

@_Bryan wrote:

I have actually been in training for this since last September.  That is when I moved across the country and started working from home. 

✔️ The wife suggested growing a beard since it was getting cold in October

✔️ Found good slippers to work in (you can wear the cheap slippers out wearing them everyday)

✔️ Sweat pants/pajama bottoms

✔️ Lots of free/swag tshirts

✔️ Used to staying home all day

✔️ Still excited about making trash runs to the local collection area on Thursday's to get out of the house

It is just hard to figure out what to wear for casual Fridays....... 

I'm not gonna lie. Until I read it twice, that first point made me think your wife might want to check her hormone levels.....

Message 2232 of 2,258
(10,817 Views)

Does anyone else watch the news waiting for them to tell us that people are starting to turn into Zombies? Sure feels like we are in some really strange movie. I keep hearing of all the side effect and symptoms. I keep waiting see that if you have been effected that 6 moths later you start to change.

Just a thought,

Tim
GHSP
Message 2233 of 2,258
(10,720 Views)

Oh man, watched 28 Days later during the lockdown. You can certainly identify way more with the film in these circumstances.

Great film at any time, but amazing film for this particular period int ime if you like horror/thriller. Also Alex Garland had his hand in it who made one of my all-time favourite films "Ex Machina".

Maybe "I am Legend" is also worth a mention....? These films are starting to feel more like documentaries.....

Message 2234 of 2,258
(10,714 Views)

RE: Zombies, the movies speed up the effect, to fit within the couple of hours they run, start watching in another 3 months.. Here in the US we gave the CDC a hard time about 8 years ago when guidelines relating to a Zombie apocalypse... Then again, peer in many living room windows and after viewing he entire NetFlix library twice you may see many turned into Zombies.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2235 of 2,258
(10,697 Views)

Re: TEOTWAKI

Looks like the a world without face masks is behind us.

Is it a plot of ugly people of dating age?

We may never know.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2236 of 2,258
(10,397 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Is it a plot of ugly people of dating age?

I thought it was a way to force people with bad breathe to smell themselves all day.

Message 2237 of 2,258
(10,395 Views)

Beauty salons and barbershops have been shut down all over the country.  It's getting ugly out there.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2238 of 2,258
(10,383 Views)

Looks like people have no choice than to show their true (hair-) colors!

Message 2239 of 2,258
(10,355 Views)

wow, this forum's changed a bit since the last time I logged in. 

So far i'm batting 1000 with a motorcycle helmet being an acceptable face covering.  I'm okay with this.

IMG_20200722_182626-L

Message 2240 of 2,258
(10,285 Views)