BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@crossrulz wrote:

In response to the new subject title: as of me looking ~1 minute ago, Ben is 1 short.

EDIT: Interestingly, his "hover over" shows 20092 posts...The forums are so wonky.

You may be seeing some contrbutions that are not entirely public.  From Ben.  I am aware that I cannot be alone in a room with 20k posts.  And that Ben should be looking for a badge upgrade.

Still, I found it very cool to meet Rolf.....Next, perhaps A.G. ...

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2071 of 2,258
(11,205 Views)

I just did a hover over and see 20089 posts.  So 3 disappeared in a day?

Message 2072 of 2,258
(11,168 Views)

Those extra posts where ones that were deleted.

I do have a tendency to jump into those fist-fights where the treads get deleted. Smiley Surprised

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2073 of 2,258
(11,149 Views)

Since this is the next to last Friday I plan work before I retire I am taking the opportunity to use an obscure word.

Smiley Tongue

Take care,

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2074 of 2,258
(11,061 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Since this is the next to last Friday I plan work before I retire I am taking the opportunity to use an obscure word.

Smiley Tongue

Take care,

Ben 

Very few plans survive first contact.   I'll be seeing you around the boards.   But, congrats on the expected retirement. 

Message 2075 of 2,258
(11,032 Views)

"

Very few plans survive first contact.   I'll be seeing you around the boards.   But, congrats on the expected retirement. 

Jay Thornby

"

IN the Navy, there was a term for those getting close to finish off their time which was "Short timer". They would count down their time left with one-liners like;

I am so short I can sit on the edge of a dime and dangle my feet.

OR

I am so short, I need a step ladder to tie my shoes.

This morning I discovered;

"I am so short I have seven more white shirts in my closest than I need to finish off my career."

😛

Ben

Message 2076 of 2,258
(10,947 Views)

I do remember counting down my days in the Navy as well.

Tim
GHSP
Message 2077 of 2,258
(10,938 Views)

In the Marine Corps is was how many days and a wake up.

Congrats, I hope to be in your position someday......

Message 2078 of 2,258
(10,934 Views)

Onboard the USS San Bernadino there. Was a tradition. 

On the last day at quarters (look it up) the sailor was not present.  Boondockers, a web belt and a whitehat were placed in the formation instead.  (Shoes, belt hat...pretty short!)

I also recieved signals flown from the yardarm...  Desig,  Echo, Tango Two.  Speed as I went ashore.  By order of the Old Man.

Some sailors can read those flags.

In the same spirit 

Bravo Zulu. Desig Bravo Echo November.  Speed!  Fair winds and following seas!

Message 2079 of 2,258
(10,814 Views)

My last day at my latest contract gig was last Tuesday, but if the storm isn't too bad here on Monday I will be going to one of my (North Shore) customers, so I guess I'm not retired yet.

P

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 2080 of 2,258
(10,797 Views)