BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@Ben wrote:

@Intaris wrote:

Ben

Which is why a lot of guys, when asked to help with the laundry or ironing purposefully make a mistake (not too obvious) so that expectations are set accordingly.

Not me though. I'm just incompetent. Smiley Wink

My better-half will NOT allow me to touch her appliances...

In a former live I worked for a big home appliance company, in the development department for laundry ...

hard to argue that I only can repair them  😄 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2061 of 2,258
(10,423 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Some turkeys just do not get it!

Going back and forth looking for something that is not there.

Spoiler

Was Ben Franklin clairvoyant when I he suggested that the national bird should be a turkey? Well you tell me.

Smiley Wink

Ben

You said the phrase about definition of insanity is doing same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  Maybe the turkey isn't crazy.  Maybe it is just doing the same thing over and over again to prove it always gets the same results!

Message 2062 of 2,258
(10,407 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:
Maybe it is just doing the same thing over and over again to prove it always gets the same results!

I think he is just signal averaging multiple scans to improve S/N.

Message 2063 of 2,258
(10,381 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Some turkeys just do not get it!

Going back and forth looking for something that is not there.

Spoiler

Was Ben Franklin clairvoyant when I he suggested that the national bird should be a turkey? Well you tell me.

Smiley Wink

Ben

WARNING! Potential Earworm below

I had put in a Rose of Sharron (RoS) hedge at one of my rental properties. My brother and brother-in-law can not tell the difference between a RoS and a weed so the ROS have been abused by weed-eaters.

To help them figure out where the RoS was, I carefully weeded around all of them and then put down straw mulch to keep down the weeds and make it very obvious where the RoS were planted.

The next day we had a big wind day and I was disappointed the next when I found all of the straw had been displaced and scattered. I returned with more straw and fixed the mulching of the RoS.

Last night I checked out the hedge and once aging found the straw had been scattered! Careful inspection revealed a clue...

Spoiler

Turkey droppings!

It was another case of "Turkey in the Straw"

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2064 of 2,258
(10,313 Views)

My better-half's TLA came to mind as I was reviewing code that was sent to me.

The code in question is what I have to start with to develop an application to replace an application that was involved in a legal battle over IP.

The code has been "scrubbed" meaning that all evidence of the previous IP has been removed.

In its current state it is completely useless.

So the MBN came to mind when thinking "What could be easier than taking functional code and turning into completely useless code?"

It is even a touch better than developing LV architectures where at the end of the day, the code does not have to work and it is up to someone else to fix it!

MBN!

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2065 of 2,258
(10,229 Views)

@Ben wrote:

It is even a touch better than developing LV architectures where at the end of the day, the code does not have to work and it is up to someone else to fix it!

Sometimes I feel this way talking to our R&D team. MBN telling people how they should be doing something without having to worry about any of those pesky details involved with actually implementing it.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2066 of 2,258
(10,214 Views)

In a meeting a few weeks ago, I told my boss' boss' boss that I find it frustrating when I ask a specific question (regarding implementing a new initiative) and I'm answered with talk about the general strategy.  He interrupted me to say he doesn't shut me down...  MBN!

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2067 of 2,258
(10,168 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

In a meeting a few weeks ago, I told my boss' boss' boss that I find it frustrating when I ask a specific question (regarding implementing a new initiative) and I'm answered with talk about the general strategy.  He interrupted me to say he doesn't shut me down...  MBN!

Let me guess.....your boss's boss's boss also expects you to troubleshoot the general case.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2068 of 2,258
(10,113 Views)

What a treat! I finaly got an opportunity to meet one of several long time contributors  that took the time to mentor me as a nube forum poster.  I did enjoy speaking with rolfk today face to face in the office I've been loaned out to. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2069 of 2,258
(10,075 Views)

In response to the new subject title: as of me looking ~1 minute ago, Ben is 1 short.

EDIT: Interestingly, his "hover over" shows 20092 posts...The forums are so wonky.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2070 of 2,258
(10,065 Views)