BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@Intaris wrote:

I really shouldn't be butting in.....

Spoiler

My son just read a book for school "The man who refused to hate" about a concentration camp survivor (Schlomo Graber).  One paragraph in the book has the author questioning the humanity of his captors.  He wonders, given exposure to the same environment and culture, if he wouldn't also be capable of such crimes.  He doesn't have compassion for his captors, but he refuses to boil it all down to "evil".  He analyses. And this analysis is a major part in how he managed to resist the urge to hate, which must have been so huge.

I heard a quote from one of the als to those that were counted as Righteous Amung the Nations whow as asked what made her different?

Paraphrasing her reply she said;

"The righteous did not suddenly become righteous but refused to go over the cliff with everyone else."

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2021 of 2,258
(10,757 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

...History repeats iteslf, regardless of whether we study it or not.

I heard a variation on that quote that goes;

"History does not repeat itself but it does rhyme."

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2022 of 2,258
(10,756 Views)

Another great Pittsburgher I like, Salena Zito posted this on Twitter Sunday.

stronger than hate.jpg

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 2023 of 2,258
(10,723 Views)

@PaulG. wrote:

Another great Pittsburgher I like, Salena Zito posted this on Twitter Sunday.

stronger than hate.jpg

We attended a show on Saturday where all of the proceeds went to the local Jewish Community and the Pittsburgh Police. One thought that was shared to help reduce the amount of outrage that is present in the social media.

THINK before you post as in;

T - Truthful

H - Helpful

I - Inspiring

N - Necessary

K - Kind

I thought is was worth sharing,

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 2024 of 2,258
(10,668 Views)

I was checking out a company that does shielding and such. RF as I expected but then they offer Faraday cages and...

faraday-tents-personal-protection-emi-protection-shielding-pouches.png

So we do not have to make our own tin-foil hats anymore!

Ben

Message 2025 of 2,258
(10,591 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I was checking out a company that does shielding and such. RF as I expected but then they offer Faraday cages and...

faraday-tents-personal-protection-emi-protection-shielding-pouches.png

First person I thought of was Chuck McGill.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 2026 of 2,258
(10,542 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I wonder what happens if you get hit by lighting .... 😮

(One one hand, you are probably a magnet for it, but on the other had, it might protect you...)

0 Kudos
Message 2027 of 2,258
(10,525 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Ben wrote:

(One one hand, you are probably a magnet for it, but on the other had, it might protect you...)

The current will pass around you but, you'll likely be burned by the heat

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2028 of 2,258
(10,522 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

@Ben wrote:

The current will pass around you but, you'll likely be burned by the heat

The good news is regardless if you die from the lightning, the cell phone in your pocket should survive.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 2029 of 2,258
(10,514 Views)

Hello Everyone! 🙂

I am a bit absent from the forum in the last months, since I do not work with LV anymore. I was doing some beginner courses in C# in the last couple of months, and it is really enjoyable! 🙂 However, there are things which feel really awkward to digest/learn after working with LV for years. Like my brain still cannot really see through the text code as good as a block diagram!! Also, fighting to understand the different ways how to program thread safe (GUI vs background processes and access control), parallel, async, etc. In such areas, I can really see now the power of LabVIEW...

On the upside, I think I just started to really grasp the idea of Object Oriented Programming, which I was never able to do through LV. But I guess it has to do with that we have a very good C# teacher. OOP started to make sense finally to me, haha 🙂 

Beside these new challenges and courses in C#, and of course learning semiconductor physics/metrology as my main role at my new work place, I really hope I will have the chance in the future to learn and use LV on, to further levels... 🙂 The things I learn in OOP via C#, might help me later in LV to "jump the barrier"...

Since I do not visit these forum boards that often any more, I would like to wish a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to all of you! 🙂

Message 2030 of 2,258
(10,397 Views)