From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@jwscs wrote:

are the words in hungarian similar as well? or did you have classes is english?

"Traktor" is the vehicle, and "attraktor" is the scientific expression in Hungarian:

https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mez%C5%91gazdas%C3%A1gi_vontat%C3%B3

https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%A1oszelm%C3%A9let

😄

0 Kudos
Message 1981 of 2,258
(10,837 Views)

i guess that is a yes 😉 .. my hungarian is very poor .. can only count to <20 and say (not even write) viszontlátásra (i looked it up).

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 1982 of 2,258
(10,835 Views)

This is an 18 minute tour of the garden now that it has been weeded and now moving into auto-pilot mode.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1983 of 2,258
(10,782 Views)

Today I got very nice surprises from my (soon ex) colleagues! 🙂

I have got a photo album, with lots of photos from 2010 to 2018 🙂 Long time i spent here in Germany, almost two years with a EU scholarship from 2010, and 5 years with a local contract 🙂 I feel it was like much more! 🙂

What is cool, there are photos in the album, i even did not remember 😄

I even got a hand made "paint" from the laser Raman group, as a present for my LabVIEW software development for their systems... now i understand why they wanted to know my alias in the LabVIEW forum 😄 (the logo of the Raman group is a parrot with laser eyes 🙂 )

DSC_1616.JPG

DSC_1612.JPG

Message 1984 of 2,258
(10,748 Views)

Developing a Spring.jpg

I have spent the last two night developing a spring located in the back of one of our LLCs. I still have a bit of digging to go but I may be getting close to the source and I now have considerable flow. I hope to develop this spring to first dry out the property and maybe even put in a gravity driven fountain or as suggested by me better-half a spitting lion or such.

Yes I have been doing a lot of digging this year.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1985 of 2,258
(10,704 Views)

We found the spring last night.

Engineer775 on YouTube shows how to develop the spring as you can see here.

I plan on ordering his stuff to complete the work.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1986 of 2,258
(10,659 Views)

Realizing that video above did not give a bigger view of the overall scheme took another video on Saturday that is intended to be a tour of the bigger picture. It is about 14 minutes long but does cover all of the water related resource we are trying to integrate.

About 4 hours after shooting that video, was closing in on finding yet another spring.

It is a lot of hard work but I am enjoying it since we do not find spring everyday.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1987 of 2,258
(10,618 Views)

Ben, should I call you mole or eager beaver now 😄 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 1988 of 2,258
(10,613 Views)

@Henrik_Volkers wrote:

Ben, should I call you mole or eager beaver now 😄 😄

after climbing into the first spring to clear it out, falling on my face in the mud and then eventually resorting to just sitting on the ground to shovel out the dirt, my better half called me "Dirt Bear" and demanded I change everything as soon as I entered the house.

Ben

Message 1989 of 2,258
(10,603 Views)

Spring_2_1.jpgSpring_2_2.jpg

I am no expert at finding springs but it sure looks a reality. Another evening or two of digging will answer that question. We may be able to get an answer on Thursday night when my brother will be joining me in the mud.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1990 of 2,258
(10,510 Views)