BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIP mechelecengr

tst suggested I change my name, and I finally have. The other day, someone pronounced it "Michelle" like the girl's name, and that was the last straw. I guess it's just too much of a stretch for people to realize it's Mechanical/Electrical Engineer.

So, I'll leave mechelecengr in parentheses after my profile name for several weeks, and eventually take it off.

Cheers all,

Jack Dunaway

Message 1 of 21
(14,088 Views)

JackDunaway (mechelecengr) wrote:

The other day, someone pronounced it "Michelle" like the girl's name, and that was the last straw.

Did they start singing?

Smiley Very Happy 

Message 2 of 21
(14,071 Views)
Well, you could have gone with my suggestion of M.E. Eng (or "Jordan" 😉 ), but the current version is also more readable than the former.

Why does you new name remind me of Chinatown? Where's Faye Nicholson? 😄
Message 4 of 21
(14,060 Views)

@JackDunaway (mechelecengr) wrote:

I guess it's just too much of a stretch for people to realize it's Mechanical/Electrical Engineer.

OOOHH. I always pronounced it like Gil Meche (of the Kansas City Royals).  Not Meck

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(14,001 Views)

Basically, my decision to change names was just verified, verified, verified, and verfied. Just remember, Dunaway with one "n", not two.

Cheers all,

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(13,980 Views)
I had figured out what the old name meant but it was still a mouthfull.  Welcome JackDunnaway.  Now we just need to find you a nice avatar.  Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 21
(13,943 Views)

AVATAR??? Ok, you guys are insufferable....

...Well, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(13,919 Views)

...Well, any suggestions?

Here are a couple of famous "Jacks".

Message Edited by altenbach on 09-02-2009 10:43 PM
Download All
Message 9 of 21
(13,915 Views)

You asked for it. 

jack webb.PNG