BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your cool buttons and controls

The system controls actually do support colour, but only one colour.  If you substitute colourable shapes for multiple states then all shapes have the same colour.  You can also add colourable shapes as decals.  My latest Flatline buttons support on and off state colouring in these ways, with hover states being supplied by partly-transparent PNGs.

Message 11 of 16
(3,624 Views)

My “coolest” button from Flatline Controls is actually a modified Radio-Buttons control.  Colorable, dividing lines, and hover state (bottom “Option 3” is hover state):

Segmented buttons.png

Perfected with the assistance of Christina Rodgers from NI.

Message 12 of 16
(3,599 Views)

I do love that radio button and have used it on a couple projects, so kudos are in order.  I used it in place of a tab on a touch panel where the tabs would be quite small.  In my code all it did was change the value of the tab, and/or insert a VI into a subpanel.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(3,595 Views)

@drjdpowell wrote:

You can also add colourable shapes as decals.  My latest Flatline buttons support on and off state colouring in these ways, with hover states being supplied by partly-transparent PNGs.

Hi drjdpowell,

I imported a "Flat Box" as a decal. But, I have a couple questions:

The flat box decal resizes separately from the rest of the button (see below), how do I fix this?

How does it support on and off state colouring? Do you need multiple decals?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(3,569 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

@drjdpowell

The flat box decal resizes separately from the rest of the button (see below), how do I fix this?

enableSecretPopups=True

How does it support on and off state colouring? Do you need multiple decals?

The decal sits behind the main button.  The button itself has a 100% transparent PNG in the Off state, so the colour of the decal is the colour of OFF.  The On state is a colorable box, placed precisely so it covers over the decal colour when On.   Hover states are semi-transparent black PNGs (about 10-30% transparent, so they darken the Off-state colour underneath).  

Message 15 of 16
(3,557 Views)

Here’s a talk I gave on this stuff a while ago, though it describes an older button design:

eCLA 2017: Flatline Controls

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(3,543 Views)