BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Fix These Bugs in LV2011

In case you haven't heard, the word on the street is that LV2011 will focus on stability and bug-fixes.  This may limit the usefulness of the Idea Exchange for a while, but all is not lost.  There is no shortage of bugs, just see the lists posted on the forum, and to be sure the official CAR database is very well stocked.  Maybe we can steer a small fraction of the effort by listing a few bugs which happen to be our pet peeves.  If you have one or two bugs which may or may not be whoppers, but really get under your skin, just give them a brief mention here, CARs and links would be great, otherwise just a description.  Maybe an exercise in futility, or maybe personalizing a few of these will tip the scale.

A few of my pet peeves:

CAR 233635: Fix Create pull-right menu for Autoindexed tunnel of references.

CAR 197239: Access to Get/Set output inversion for Compound Arithmetic Node.

Unknown CAR (not posted):  Fix the Scalar Exponentiation problem with Evaluation VIs.  I rarely use these, but math-related bugs really get to me.

(Officially I am sure NI is aware of all of the bugs we will be listing, and that many meetings have been and will be held to prioritize, strategize, and formulize.  Unofficially, perhaps they understand that upon receipt of a "bug fix" version, many of us will quickly try out our pet peeves.  Seeing them fixed will generate happy forum posters with a good first impression and some good word-of-mouth, along with the converse.)

Message 1 of 2
(6,182 Views)

Three more "pet peeves", not really bugs.  A lot has been made of compiler optimizations which may shave microseconds off the execution time, but there are some easy ways to save much more on development time without adding any new features.

Three annoying delays I would love to have removed or reduced:

Palette loading times (Initial Quick Drop, Palette Search, etc.) 

Initial launch of the Icon Editor (keeps itself in memory after that, thank god).

Launch of Properties Dialog (slightly faster, maybe, second time around).

Right now I can measure these delays with a sundial, maybe they could improve things so I need a stopwatch.

For the record, the very first thing I did after installing LV9 and LV10 was hit Ctrl-Space.  As the saying goes, you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Message 2 of 2
(6,107 Views)