BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pet Peeves

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@thols wrote:

When the OP marks the "but did you really check X" post as the solution instead of the post that said to check X.

Or: "thanks, your reply solved my problem.", and then select that post as answer.

Or when some replies with a message that was just like Message #21 in the same thread.  😜

Message 31 of 39
(8,772 Views)

First time poster who starts thread with

My Dearest Friends, (or something similar)

You are a first time poster, how do you know we are your friends???

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 39
(8,771 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@thols wrote:

When the OP marks the "but did you really check X" post as the solution instead of the post that said to check X.

Or: "thanks, your reply solved my problem.", and then select that post as answer.

Or when some replies with a message that was just like Message #21 in the same thread.  😜

Or when someone points that out. 🌴😊

It was in the back of my mind when I posted it... I even looked back a bit, but not enough.

Message 33 of 39
(8,754 Views)

Maximized diagrams..  I just ask if they would prefer Win 3.1--- Usually, they blush and stop doing that.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 34 of 39
(8,687 Views)

I have two screen side by side... i maximize one block diagram over BOTH of them.

muhahahaha😈

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 39
(6,563 Views)

@AeroSoul wrote:

I have two screen side by side... i maximize one block diagram over BOTH of them.

muhahahaha😈

You should be ashamed of yourself 

But, if you can post an example of a specific case.......

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 39
(6,394 Views)

AeroSoul_0-1626851037249.png

This is over 2 screens 😄

Please don't judge, i know it sucks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 39
(6,389 Views)

Well, I have a few VIs that are easily 10 screens wide.

If something is a sequence, I don't see the point in obfuscating code with sub VIs or a case structure (or SSS). It is a sequence, so I prefer the code to be a sequence.

Of course, always 1 screen vertically, n screens horizontally. Or vice versa. Never nXn.

Typical examples (in fact the only examples I have) are report generation (add tile, add table, color cells, add text, add this, add that, etc.) and file version conversion (open file with version 1.0, convert to 1.1, convert to 1.2, convert to 1.3, etc.). For the latter I also have used sub VIs, and it did obfuscate things a little. What's better is a close call.

For both examples making sub VIs will mean a ton of sub VIs that are only used once. I understand people prefer this, but to me it defies the purpose. Making a sub VI should serve a purpose, if it doesn't you've misted the point.

The code still looks cleaner that your screenshot 😋😉. Definitely no untitled icons.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 39
(6,383 Views)

I try to do that, 1 screen tall and n wide (this particular is 5 screens wide, a USB communication state machine, one of the largest in the project).

All wires go only forward, no backward (unless necessary), wires in parallel if at all possible. SubVIs used to save space (mostly assembling a command and disassembling a response) and the one unnamed VI is to save space 😄

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 39
(6,379 Views)