From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password required for NI learning

Hello NI community. I'm having this problem while taking an online training (Developing Test Programs Using Teststand 2017). I'm connected to the Internet via a Corporate VPN, and of course I'm logged in with my NI account. But when I try to access the training, I get a message that requests a Username and Password for scrom.thoughtindustries.com. The problem doesn't show if I disable the VPN. Unfortunately I need to have it enabled, since I need it to access some other corporate resources.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,131 Views)

Hello,

I'd like to help you resolve this issue. Can you tell me which lesson within the Developing Test Programs Using Teststand 2017 Learning Path is causing the issue? Or, is it all of them?

Also, what browser are you using? I have seen this scenario in a couple of other instances with Internet Explorer and other browsers if third-party cookies are blocked.  Our learning platform is on an ni.com sub-domain but some of the content progress tracking is managed via scorm.thoughtindustries.com. It is possible that your browser is blocking the third-party cookie that is needed for saving and referencing the progress state of these lessons. 

You could check your settings and see if that might be the issue. For example, in Chrome you can specify sites where you allow third-party cookies.

gedelmon_0-1621611046205.png

Let me know if this helps, I'm happy to have a call to discuss if necessary.

Thank you,

Gretchen

Product Owner - Digital Learning Experience

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,099 Views)

Hello Gretchen.

Thanks for your response. Here my comments to your questions.

"Can you tell me which lesson within the Developing Test Programs Using Teststand 2017 Learning Path is causing the issue? Or, is it all of them?"

- It is all of them.

"Also, what browser are you using?"

- I have tried Internet Explorer, Edge and Chrome, and all three behave the same.

"I have seen this scenario in a couple of other instances with Internet Explorer and other browsers if third-party cookies are blocked."

- In fact, first the lessons contents were just not loading, without any message or advice; then I allowed third-party cookies and that's how I started getting the message asking for username/password. The same happened on IE, Edge and Chrome.

Thanks again!

Eduardo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,090 Views)

Hi Eduardo,

Is it ok if I email you directly to set up a time for a call? I think I can help resolve this if we can screen share so I can see exactly what you are seeing. 

Thank you!

Gretchen

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,081 Views)

Hello Gretchen.

Unfortunately our corporate IT policies prohibit any type of computer access to external personnel.

However I can share a screenshot of how the issue looks in IE.

Notice that the presentation frame seems to be loading correctly. It looks like the media contents is the one being blocked.

image01.jpg

Thanks!

Eduardo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,067 Views)