BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my way to work...

there is a cemetary. The name of this cemetary is memoryland cemetary. Ok, not too bad. However after 1 year of driving past it 5 days a week, I looked at the name of the street that cuts through the middle of the cemetary so family's can drive their car down in order to pay respect to loved ones, etc. The name of this street....Aerobic Lane.

Seriously?

Message 1 of 38
(9,873 Views)

@for(imstuck) wrote:

... so family's can drive their car down in order to pay respect to loved ones,...

Seriously?

Yes I was intrigued by the fact of a drive-in-respect street as well.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 38
(9,846 Views)

Are we getting that lazy, that we have to drive down the cemetary instead of parking the car and walking?

Aerobic lane...  good one. Smiley Very Happy

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 38
(9,841 Views)

@tbob wrote:

Are we getting that lazy, that we have to drive down the cemetary instead of parking the car and walking?

Aerobic lane...  good one. Smiley Very Happy

Haha, maybe thats the idea, to try and subtly suggest to people they should be walking, jogging, or even running, rather than driving their car.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 38
(9,830 Views)

If you look at the meaning it could also be looked at in a funny (or sick) manner depending on how you look at it.

Aerobic is an adjective that means "requiring air", where "air" usually means oxygen.

Aerobic may also refer to:

Obviously the people that are there no longer requir air. (Funny or sick you be the judge)

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 38
(9,823 Views)

That does seem a strange name for the road through a cemetary.

Having been a poll bearer a few times recently (unfortunately), I can atest to the exercise of the work...

Most cemetaries do have roads. Makes it much easier for a hearse and a funeral party to get where they have to be.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 38
(9,798 Views)

I travel some old roads to work with names that i can explain and some that I can not.

Church Hill and Valleybrook I can explain but other I have to guess;

Turkeyfoot

Bebout

Justabout

With the local accent I hear phrases like "It bebout two miles from Bebout to Justabout and just about 5 miles to Turkeyfoot." And yes "Eighyfour" PA is about 84 miles from...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 38
(9,754 Views)

I saw some of those strange names during my travels in the US.  😄

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 38
(9,752 Views)

The city of Fort Wayne, Indiana had a mayor years ago that was a really great mayor.  They even named a street after him

Message 9 of 38
(9,732 Views)

Driving through Denver CO. I found myself on "Sharon A. Lane Drive"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 10 of 38
(9,726 Views)