From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsessed!!

Hi,

I have been obsessed with posting messages lately, ever since I realized that I was very close to the next status on the NI forum, "Active".  I still have a long way to go, and I have no idea how some of you can get to 20k post Smiley Surprised.  I hope I can stay with it for the long haul.  In my quest of obtaining the "Active" status, I have learned a lot from the forum.  I actually went back and read all Darren's nuggets, and they have been awesome.  When I saw one of the nugget (the title was "keep it simple"), it said that Darren was going to stop posting weekly nugget, and it almost made me cried Smiley Sad.  Before my tear come rushing out, I read the next nugget, and I realized that the nuggets were still coming occasionally, and I was relieved.  I hope to bump into you guys/gals more often in the future.

Yik

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
Message 1 of 9
(8,169 Views)

Best of luck in your efforts, and keep it up!

You get to learn from all the posts you've read and sharing that with the newest members is the reason we are all here. I've been through the read-it / share-it phase, and have grown a bit weary of answering yet another 'save data to Excel spreadsheet' question Smiley Very Happy

I've been slowly creeping my way up to 500 posts, but I spend some of my time on the LAVA forums, so I don't accumulate posts very quickly. Like all great things in life, it will come with time...

(inching to 500...)

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 2 of 9
(8,150 Views)

Imagine what it feels like when you have 9,99X posts!

Thank you for joining with the fun.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 9
(8,139 Views)
Would it make you feel better if Laura hid your post count? Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 9
(8,126 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:
Would it make you feel better if Laura hid your post count? Smiley Happy

How are YOU handling it Mr. 331 left to go ?

Hmmmm?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 9
(8,123 Views)
I plan to stop at 9999. Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 9
(8,120 Views)

Then check your count in the Ideas forum so you don't accidently trip and fall into a pile of Knighthood.

Ben

Message 7 of 9
(8,118 Views)

jyang72211 wrote:
I actually went back and read all Darren's nuggets, and they have been awesome.  When I saw one of the nugget (the title was "keep it simple"), it said that Darren was going to stop posting weekly nugget, and it almost made me cried Smiley Sad.  Before my tear come rushing out, I read the next nugget, and I realized that the nuggets were still coming occasionally, and I was relieved.

I'm glad you're enjoying the nuggets.  I posted them weekly in 2006. Then I started posting them occasionally in 2007-2008.  In 2009, I started posting them weekly again, which I am still doing, with no plans on stopping anytime soon.

Here's a document that contains a link to every single nugget I've ever written...weekly or occasional.

Message 8 of 9
(8,110 Views)

Ben a écrit:

Imagine what it feels like when you have 9,99X posts!

Thank you for joining with the fun.

Ben

For most of us, life will be too short to achieve this incredible post count !

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(8,059 Views)