BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare...

Regarding the Jabberwocky mentioned above...

It was a two headed critter that would behave when one head was throttled but would sneak up and bit me when I let it loose.

So I weilded a Producer/Consumer sword lopping of one of it heads. It is now a docile little rabbit that perfoms tricks when demanded (Who would ever know that rabbit is infested with globals?).

I did have to shower after that event since I felt dirty.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 56
(8,610 Views)

Ben wrote:

So I weilded a Producer/Consumer sword lopping of one of it heads. It is now a docile little rabbit that perfoms tricks when demanded (Who would ever know that rabbit is infested with globals?).

I'd still be careful and keep an eye on it.  I've seen more than one gruesome run in with a docile little bunny in my day.

RUN AWAY!!

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 42 of 56
(8,603 Views)

Nothing worse than an angry Artic Hare... They have antlers and know how to use them.

2 weeks later and I finally come up for a puff of air..

Taking a deep breath before I go for yet another dive. I can't believe what goes on when I'm away.  Saverio reached 15000 posts, Ben's become a hero.  I lost track of how many posts Dennis wrote.  Yair is probably 1000 post ahead of me.  Yikes!!  Hopefully I'll be back within 2 weeks.

Maybe by then Microsoft will no linger exist and the world will be ruled by a red fruit...  or better yet, NIOS.

Oh.. yeah... the nightmare...  If I post the collection of Rube Goldbergs, I'll catch up to Yair..  😉

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 56
(8,549 Views)

X posted this in the Rube Thread but I thought it was better suited for this thread.

Oh yes and by the way...

copyright " X 1995-2012 "

since we wouldnt want anyone else claiming the IP for that code. Smiley Tongue

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 56
(8,481 Views)

A few years ago I had one that looked very much like that, except that it looks like "your" vi's may have something other than black with lettering. Hmmmm, maybe the original "programmer" has evolved.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 56
(8,467 Views)

Message 46 of 56
(8,399 Views)

RTM

"Oh Crap,
Yes He can post.... Hijacking threads on Breakpoint is a no-no in my book.

Jordan,  would you please spin this post(hmmm.. can't link in Report to Moderator)
http://forums.ni.com/t5/BreakPoint/Nightmare/m-p/1931213#M18646

to a new Breakpoint thread and PM the originator that random hijacking is not looked on favorably

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 56
(8,369 Views)

Alfa or Adrian,

We are NOT interested in your paranoid delusions!

Please DO NOT HIJACK this or any other thread!

Get some good medications, sedate yourself and take a 1-hour trip to Jupiter..

This thread is about nightmare stories dealing with LabVIEW code.  Nothing else.  Please read the topics and please try to understand..

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 56
(8,261 Views)

Ray,

Maybe I should set up an account for Kerry, she might have fun with "trips to Jupiter", etc., but then again, she doesn't do work related  things for fun!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 56
(8,257 Views)

what happens when you paste in code from another program. You do that, and for some god forsaken reason every things spreads out. You'll end up spending more time fixing wires and closing every thing than actually programming.  It's really one of the main draw backs of LABVIEW. Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 56
(7,508 Views)