BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with graphical program examples

I am a software architect in the LabVIEW core team here at NI and I working with a group of researchers led by Professor Chris Scaffidi at Oregon State. We are investigating algorithms that can detect performance problems in graphical programs and assist the user in dealing with them. Once we have the algorithms perfected we hope to be able to assist LabVIEW developers to create much faster programs from the outset rather than noticing that the application is too slow and having to spend lots of time investigating why.

In order to validate that the algorithms work correctly and do not produce very many false positives we need lots of LabVIEW code samples. If you have code you are willing to let us look at that has performance issues please post it to the website http://experiments.eecs.oregonstate.edu/general/labviewprograms/

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,731 Views)

Sorry, none of my code has performance issues! 😄 (Are you also looking for negative examples?)

The forum and community is bursting with examples of performance problems. You could start with the challenge 1 submissions. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,727 Views)

In order for the reearchers to use the VIs they have to be submitted to their web site. There is a review board process they have to go through and they cannot simply grab anything out there on the web.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,716 Views)

Have a look through the "Rube Goldberg Code" thread... Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,707 Views)

@APD wrote:

In order for the reearchers to use the VIs they have to be submitted to their web site. There is a review board process they have to go through and they cannot simply grab anything out there on the web.

Then I suspect they will only get garbage amaturish examples.

If they are REALLY interested in doing the job right I suggest they chase down these tags and cover the issue outlined there.

Christian, and the rest of the academics out there, do NOT read this spoiler!

Spoiler

I cringe at what could possibly come out out academia without actually asking the people that already know how to do it right. I'm making it very easy by providing those links. I suspect they will not even look after all they are the experts (yes that is sarcasm).

Arrrrggghhh!!!

Please have them review those tag links and work from there.

And please no Spooleys!

Ben

PS: Yes I  can be an arogant bas#$%^. Aren't you glad I don't come to NI Week. Smiley Happy

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,697 Views)