BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI week papers

Did anyone here submit a paper for NI week and if so do you know when they notify the finalists? I thought I read somewhere that it would be by the first week of June but maybe I was mistaken.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(12,544 Views)

I fthe papers suck they get tossed early on. In early June we start to hear (one of ours was accepted last week). AS NI works though the stack figuring out who is really going to show up, more rejection letters go out.

So if you have not been told your paper was turned down, then it may still be in the running. If you have already heard then you are in.

I hope that helps,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 18
(12,532 Views)

@Ben wrote:

So if you have not been told your paper was turned down, then it may still be in the running. If you have already heard then you are in.

Ah, the ol' no news is good or bad news! I'll just hang tight. They haven't told me I suck yet, so I guess that's a good sign!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(12,527 Views)

If you go back to the submission site, you should see it listed. Look for the status column. What does it say?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(12,485 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

If you go back to the submission site, you should see it listed. Look for the status column. What does it say?

I've looked all over the NI week site and can't find the "submission site" As far as I can tell, no link is available now that the submission date has passed. I do have the confirmation email though that it was submitted so I wonder if I can just call up NI and see.

http://www.ni.com/gsdawards/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(12,460 Views)

Try the link on this page.

Message 6 of 18
(12,455 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Try the link on this page.

No clue why I couldn't find my way back to this page....anyways status is still "new"
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(12,428 Views)

I just got an email indicating both of my papers have been rejected.

If you are still in the running you are doing better than me.

I am attaching the one I liked.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 18
(12,396 Views)

That was not the paper I wanted to post. Too many letters and numbers, argh!!!

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(12,388 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I just got an email indicating both of my papers have been rejected.

If you are still in the running you are doing better than me.

I am attaching the one I liked.

Ben

DITTO! Got my rejection letter today! I don't feel so bad, now that I know even knights get knocked off their horses every now and then Smiley Tongue. Call my biased, but I thought mine was pretty good and a cool application. Makes me want to see what the selected finalists did!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(12,378 Views)