BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Week Community Ribbons

Last year NI had a booth where you could sign into your NI profile and it would show you on the globe with others who signed in. They also gave a button with your avatar, and gave a ribbon with you level on the forums. This year i couldn't find this booth. When talking to them last year they mentioned they ordered way too many and said something like 1000 ribbons for knights of NI. So i assume they have plenty.

I still have my button from last year and you'll see me wearing it, but just wondering why NI choose not to do this again.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(9,238 Views)

I'm still looking for it, but no success.  I thought it was a great idea.  And we have 2 Knights down here.  Haven't been able to spot Jordan yet to ask her about this.  Maybe there's something in the Expo hall?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(9,206 Views)

Can't find NI Community booth.

Disappointing.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(9,159 Views)

NI have a habit of re-inventing. If they stumble on something new and welcome, they think "Hey, that was great! What can we do next year that's even greater!?"

So unfortunately that booth was absent this year.

I forgot my badge, and as my avatar is a bit abstract (like yours Hooovahh), people can't recognise me without a full introduction. I say they should definitely leave a working idea alone, and bring back the visiting users stall next year!

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(9,082 Views)

I did speak to someone at the NI Community party and was told that the globe application used to track logged in users needed some updating, and the guy responsible for it last year couldn't find time to fix it this year.  Which is why they didn't have a booth and instead had the "You and NI" setup instead.  

I've had this discussion with other users but when your identiy is something other than who you are, it does take some time to connect a name with the face.  And as far as drumming up business it seems like a good idea to have your avatar be a picture of your face, and your name be your real name.  I feel like this is not the type of thing I want to do, simply because it then feels like I am advertising myself, using these forums as an ad.  So having a button with my avatar, or a business card with my avatar on it, is very useful.

Message 5 of 10
(9,078 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

And as far as drumming up business it seems like a good idea to have your avatar be a picture of your face, and your name be your real name.  I feel like this is not the type of thing I want to do, simply because it then feels like I am advertising myself, using these forums as an ad.  So having a button with my avatar, or a business card with my avatar on it, is very useful.

Or even a thumb driveSmiley Wink

Capture.PNG

Its all about branding (Not the hot metal stick kind--- I won't go quite that far)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(9,058 Views)

Whenever you discuss your brand Jeff, this song always comes to mind and I end up humming it all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GhnvPXOllk

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 7 of 10
(9,031 Views)

They did have a Community Happy Hour.  It was fun to meet people and realize what their avatar on forum names were.

It was funny to tell people "Hi, I'm Ray"...  and get absolutely no reaction.  But when they saw the LabVIEW Champion ribbon and asked, who are you on the forum, they would react completely differently.  LOL!  I will need to print some "sticker" with Avatar / forum name for future NI Week(s).   I thought Ray & Ray.R would be an easy one..  LOL!

Next time, I should also walk around with an eye-patch.

Message 8 of 10
(9,011 Views)

Hi all,

I just wanted to chime in and let you know a few things:

1. It was so great seeing many of you again at NIWeek this year! The happy hour was a fun time so thanks for coming out.

2. We're working with registration to see how to best bring the alias and avatar into the NIWeek registration process. No promises, but hopefully next year we'll have some way for you to distinguish yourselves. 

Thanks for the feedback! Hope everyone had an awesome NIWeek.

Until next year,

Jordan

Message 9 of 10
(9,005 Views)

@JordanG wrote:

Hi all,

I just wanted to chime in and let you know a few things:

1. It was so great seeing many of you again at NIWeek this year! The happy hour was a fun time so thanks for coming out.

2. We're working with registration to see how to best bring the alias and avatar into the NIWeek registration process. No promises, but hopefully next year we'll have some way for you to distinguish yourselves. 

Thanks for the feedback! Hope everyone had an awesome NIWeek.

Until next year,

Jordan

How about NI days ? Smiley Wink

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(8,989 Views)