BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Days London - Registration Fee?

Interesting... NI have dropped the higher ticket price of £250+VAT.

NI Days London Reg.PNG

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,385 Views)

Darn, I had thought that I might cross the "pond" to attend NIDays, the lower price even more attractive, but schedule conflicts now are preventing that. Actually the primary purpose of the trip was to use our daughter's first clinical rotation in medical school in Britain as an excuse to visit, but as she has major exams during that period we decided not.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 12 of 15
(2,373 Views)

@CharlotteN wrote:

We have a commitment to our exhibitors to provide a high percentage of quality visitors to the event. We have tried a number of techniques to improve this, from different promotional techniques, different marketing messages for the event etc but with limited success.

You could have considered a discount for SSP/Enterprise Agreement members and/or architects/developers/champions discount (like NI Week). Or like Thoric suggested, a level of around £50 would have weeded out a lot of the people "NI" was trying to keep out.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 13 of 15
(2,289 Views)

NI no longer has NI Day in Norway, so there is less of a chance to meet other users now than before, but at least London would be just as cheap a flight as Oslo so that is not too bad...I though. Removing the event in Norway and then adding a fee in London (*and* moving it outside of central London...), removes that as a good replacementSmiley Frustrated

I used to go to the Norwegian NI Day to meet people and see what direction the NI representatives could indicate for NI/LabVIEW, and then the Power User events in Scandinavia to get a bit more relevant technical information. The Power User events got cancelled a few years ago though too, so now I really do not visit anything anymore (there are no user groups here either). Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 15
(2,270 Views)

Hi Mads, 

I don't know where you are based in Norway but there was a User Group started earlier this year in Kongsberg. I realise Norway is huge but they may be able to include a remote element to it and have people attend virtually if that's of interest to you? 

More info can be found here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Kongsberg-Area-LabVIEW-User/gp-p/5342

I also wanted to let everyone know that I will pass all feedback from here to the NIDays team and we will keep it in mind for next year. We did have EA discounts for NIDays but SSP is not something we considered so I will definitely make sure to raise that too. 

Best wishes,
Charlotte

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,185 Views)