From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW in the movies

Robinhood Men in CLADs:

Will Scarlet: Blinkin! Fix your VI; you look like a bleedin' Picasso!

Ahchoo: [after Blinkin fixes a bug] Blinkin! How did you do that?
Blinkin: I heard that coming a mile away.
Robin Hood: Right-o, Blinkin, Kudos.
Blinkin: Pardon? Who's talking?

Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
0 Kudos
Message 81 of 86
(6,732 Views)

@JW-L3CE wrote:

Robinhood Men in CLADs

Shouldn't it be "Robin Hood: Men CLAD in Tights"?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 82 of 86
(6,720 Views)

- What's the matter with this thing, what's all that churnning and bubbling, you call that the FPGA Compile Server??
- No, sir. We call it.. Mr Coffee. Care for some?
- Yes. I always have my coffee when I watch a FPGA vi being compiled, you know that.

Message 83 of 86
(6,675 Views)

@MarcoMauri wrote:

- What's the matter with this thing, what's all that churnning and bubbling, you call that the FPGA Compile Server??
- Yes. I always have my coffee when I watch a FPGA vi being compiled, you know that.

Got to love Space Balls.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 84 of 86
(6,651 Views)

@MarcoMauri wrote:

Why did I read that in a Tommy Lee Jones voice?

0 Kudos
Message 85 of 86
(6,641 Views)

Just discovered this thread.  I don't have a movie reference but a while ago I had the 12 steps of LabVIEW OCD.

1. We admitted we were powerless over LabVIEW OCD alignment, that our lives had become unmanageable
  2. Came to believe that through hard work and determination, ourselves could restore us to sanity.
  3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the block diagram cleanup as we understand it.
  4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
  5. Admitted to ourselves, LAVA, and to another human being the exact nature of our OCD.
  6. Were entirely ready be content with these wiring defects.
  7. Humbly asked developers to review their code and accept it when the review is complete.
  8. Made a list of all developers who did not adhere to the LabVIEW style guide, and became willing to make amends to them all.
  9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
  10. Continued to take personal inventory, and when spending too much time adjusting wires, promptly admitted it.
  11. Sought through research and discussions to improve ourselves, for knowledge of other developers for us and the power to carry that out.
  12. Having had a acceptance and realization as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other LabVIEW OCD wire addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

http://lavag.org/topic/17053-anyone-else-ocd-about-alignment-and-positioning-in-block-diagrams/

Message 86 of 86
(6,517 Views)