BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Full Stack Developers/Engineers

Hi All,

Can we call ourselves (us, LabVIEW Application Developers/Engineers) proudly as "Full Stack Developers" (in the Agile world terminology), since most of the times, we develop & integrate an entire application from scratch, with a fairly wide functional knowledge of most of the (if not all) modules/subsystems of the application?!

I expect all your views & opinions, and more light on the topic!

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,923 Views)

Personally, this is the first time I heard that term.

(... better than not playing with a full deck :D)

Message 2 of 5
(6,888 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

(... better than not playing with a full deck :D)

I resemble that remark!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 3 of 5
(6,884 Views)

@parthabe wrote:

Hi All,

Can we call ourselves (us, LabVIEW Application Developers/Engineers) proudly as "Full Stack Developers" (in the Agile world terminology), since most of the times, we develop & integrate an entire application from scratch, with a fairly wide functional knowledge of most of the (if not all) modules/subsystems of the application?!

I expect all your views & opinions, and more light on the topic!

That is a term with no defined meaning from what I can tell. The first I heard of a stack was the OSI 7-Layer model that is also called a network stack in its abbrieviated form we find today. That term seems to be associated with web-development which goes with the network stack idea. Now how much you have to understand each of those layers... show me a software developer that can reciet "source, destination, and protocol" (ethernet packet) of what is being put on the physical wire can define a subnet mask while standing up right up to the presentation layer... there is some hand waving a going on!

May just as well claim to be a "hacker" if you ask me. Back in the day hackers was someone that destroyed golf course and then later banged their head against something like a video game, or cracking a password and now is seems to describe someone that avoids security protections and steal people's bank accounts.

So yeah you can claim to be a Full-stacker but I would have a song and dance ready to go with it if I put that on a resume.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,861 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

https://codeup.com/what-is-a-full-stack-developer/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solution_stack

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,845 Views)