From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabTOONS, The secret life of LabVIEW objects!

@Ben wrote:

Queue-BYTE?

See "cubit" 🙂

Message 221 of 225
(5,874 Views)

@AristosQueue (NI) wrote:

See "cubit" 🙂

I thought you were trying to make a qubit reference but this makes much more sense. Well, as much sense as measuring things with cubits can possibly be.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 222 of 225
(5,855 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

@AristosQueue (NI) wrote:

See "cubit" 🙂

I thought you were trying to make a qubit reference but this makes much more sense. Well, as much sense as measuring things with cubits can possibly be.

I am familiar with a "cubit" and use it regularly particularly when working in the woods. "Is a log long enough to bridge a stream?" for example.

Spoiler

My point was related to the "bit" part since there is no "bit" data type in LabVIEW. Even Booleans are (?) are actually 16  bit (correct me if I am wrong). There are bit-wise operations but they operate on U8s or larger.

So no "bit" only "bits".

Splitting hairs I admit.

As an old guy that has actually seen and trouble-shot a bad bit I just had to make the distinction.

The original joke was rather clever and I liked it.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 223 of 225
(5,825 Views)

AristosQueue_0-1598396304645.png

Message 224 of 225
(5,820 Views)

Saw this on Reddit and wanted to share.

Example_VI_BD.png

Message 225 of 225
(43 Views)