From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping the Nuggets cooking, or hearding cats 101....

"Designing Data Driven Applications for Development in LabVIEW" or "Exploiting the Data Flow Paradigm"

Anyone want to team up to develop this one?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 79
(8,953 Views)
Data driven as opposed to what? user driven?

Sounds interesting. Pop me an email with some details and I will see if there is something I can contribute.

(8,944 Views)
Sounds like a topic from which one could write a whole book 😉
--
Tomi Maila
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 79
(8,943 Views)

Tomi wrote

Sounds like a topic from which one could write a whole book

That was what I feared.

OK maybe two Nuggets. Smiley Wink

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 79
(8,928 Views)

OK, I will not be writing a book.

"Adaptive Save Restore" - Discusion of working with controls of unknown data type and saving and restoring to from "ini" files. Code modifies its own execution to adapt to data type. Supports nested arrays and cluster of arbitrary type.

Target post date is 19-Aug-2007.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 79
(8,696 Views)

Pushing my Nugget back a week.

26-Aug-2007

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 79
(8,628 Views)

I just got the edits back from JLV so we should be good to go on Sunday, 26-Aug-2007.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 79
(8,566 Views)
Boulder #4 just posted. I am on the hock for at least one more this year.

Ben
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 79
(8,531 Views)

I believe the phrase "Playing my hand face up" is a poker term and refers to keeping nothing secret.

Some of you may have noticed it has been quite some time since I posted one of my Uber-Nuggets. I have been working on them here and there but nothing has been posted. Well there is a reason and that is the purpose of this post.

History:

When I joind Data Science Automation I signed an agreement handing over all rights to my code and writings to my boss. He has allowed me to share my knowlege here on the forums. In fact it was him that sent me an e-mail years ago saying something to the effect

"NI is stating a new forum. If you can help out in your spare time then do so."

So I am an active member here and elsewhere through his good graces.

But now he needs some help getting traffic to the Data Science Automation web-site .... to get more buisness.

So I will be trying to take my Nuggets to another level where I will be presenting the Nuggets via a live video feed to paying customers. The meat of the Nuggets will be posted on the DSA web-site. I will then present the Nugget to the Forums as I had done previously with the exception that the source code will not be included. The Source Code will be available for download from the DSA web-site for no charge but they will ask for a valid e-mail address so we can send you our News Letter that may also included techinal articles.

For the frequent flyers here on the forum, it will mean an extra couple of clicks to get the source code, if you want it and you will have to share your e-mail address.

For those that like to see and hear someone talking with the option ask Q's then they can participate in the webinars.

For DSA, we hope to get more traffic coming after more content.

For me, I get to keep writting Nuggets but now i can work on them durring working hours.

Customer that subscribe to the service will have unlimited access to all of the Nuggets the videos the code everything when ever they want it.

NOTE:

ALL of the above is still not written in stone.

So thats "my hand".

Ben

BTW: I will be doing a live presentation of my "E UNUM PLURIBUS - Out of One Many, Creating Undockable GUIs" at the Cleveland NITS tomorow (15-Oct-2009) .

Message Edited by Ben on 10-14-2009 03:13 PM
Message 49 of 79
(6,415 Views)

I will be doing a live presentation of my "E UNUM PLURIBUS - Out of One Many, Creating Undockable GUIs" at the Cleveland NITS tomorow (15-Oct-2009)

Go Rock!!!! all the best

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 79
(6,391 Views)