BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just ask CA

Ok, I got back from an eye exam.  Strangely my vision changed.

It had been stable for so many years I had stopped bothering to go.   

No diabetic problems but my thyroid replacement has been retreated a few times.

What can cause a large shift toward the good?  I could Google it but, then I actually know a research opthamologist so,  O.S. moved from -1.75 to -0.75 with no astigmatism change and O.D. -1.0 to -0.5.

Is it a benefit for knights?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(12,180 Views)

And, what is a diopter in si units?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(12,174 Views)

Hi Jeff, a diopter is inverse meter, 1/m. 

Message 3 of 21
(12,164 Views)

I still strongly believe, we cannot achieve World Peace until US and UK (and the followers) adopts SI system 😄

Come on, it is not a big request! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(12,142 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

I still strongly believe, we cannot achieve World Peace until US and UK (and the followers) adopts SI system 😄

NIST traces everything in SI units.  We actually are on the metric system.   We just don't boast about it. 

Message 5 of 21
(12,131 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

There is a reason we failed to change back in the 70's.  But I do still agree everybody should be using Metric.  World Peace might be a stretch.  But technical and engineering advancements would benefit the most.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(12,106 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@Blokk wrote:

There is a reason we failed to change back in the 70's.  But I do still agree everybody should be using Metric.  World Peace might be a stretch.  But technical and engineering advancements would benefit the most.

Didn't the US miss Mars on one occasion due to a difference in units?

Re:

"US and UK (and the followers) adopts SI system 😄

"

I believe that it already a law in the US that SI is the standard but...

Spoiler
like the border wall which is also established law..

it was never fully funded. In the case of the SI units one of the biggest cost factors was replacing all of the speed limit signs.

Deciding to "do something" is easy. Coming up with the funding is another story.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(12,088 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

@Blokk wrote:

Didn't the US miss Mars on one occasion due to a difference in units?

Re:

"US and UK (and the followers) adopts SI system 😄

"

I believe that it already a law in the US that SI is the standard but...

Spoiler
like the border wall which is also established law..

it was never fully funded. In the case of the SI units one of the biggest cost factors was replacing all of the speed limit signs.

Deciding to "do something" is easy. Coming up with the funding is another story.

Ben

The largest cost factor in replacing Speed limit signs is the potential for liability.

Imagine if you will your average motorist doing 50 in what used to be a 30 when they are just plain mathematically challanged.  insurance rates will skyrocket.

Message 8 of 21
(12,081 Views)

@Ben wrote: I believe that it already a law in the US that SI is the standard but...

It also lacked enforcement (along the lines of "should" instead of "shall").  I think it was Reagan who eventually dismantled the law, but I am not going to swear to it.

And, yes, a Mars probe was destroyed due to a Metric-Empirial screw-up.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 9 of 21
(12,070 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@Ben

And, yes, a Mars probe was destroyed due to a Metric-Empirial screw-up.

Empirial screw-up.  When the Death Star gets in the way.

Message 10 of 21
(12,055 Views)