From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's COLD Outside

Just checked my thermometer: -1 F.  We (in Cincinnati, OH) are supposed to get down to -8 with a wind chill of -40.  Spent 10 minutes trying to dig out my driveway and decided it was just too cold to be out there any longer.

And of course this all just reminds me of the CLA summit last year in Austin where it was low 60s and Stephen Mercer is wearing a coat complaining about how cold it was.  Meanwhile, here comes Mark Bala and his buddies from Chicago wearing shorts.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 81
(14,085 Views)

-1f?  and you are b!tching?

Capture.PNG

Wimp!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 81
(14,066 Views)

A foot of snow and subzero here in Detroit, too. Makes me think about "snowball earth". Interesting time in earth's history when the earth was completely covered in ice. Saw a documentary on it once and it about froze my bones.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 81
(14,052 Views)

It looks like it will not get cold enough here (30 miles north of Tim) for me to get out my winter coat.  I did notice that Fairbanks is 14 degrees warmer than SW Ohio.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 81
(14,040 Views)

I don't know what you guys are complaining about; I'm loving this stuff.  Smiley Very Happy

Highs in the teens in town, don't think it ever hit double-digits where we were.  Wind chill definitely sub-zero. 

Having the right gear makes a big difference though. Smiley Happy

Free beer!  Along with avalanche awareness info, equipment demos, and tshirts/hats for sale.  http://www.tylersba.org/

Oh, and some racing. Smiley Wink

Kids got into the action on the 120's

Buddy got roped into racing open-class drags on his 'doo (green one in front) (yes it's a badass sled)

I had a pretty good spot on an S-curve going into the rhythm section. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 81
(14,038 Views)

It IS cold here too! We actually dropped down to below 50 at night. Brrrr. 😮

Message 6 of 81
(14,037 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Wimp!

And that's exactly the response I expected from somebody up North.  If it wasn't for the wind, I would be perfectly fine (gusts over 30mph).

Altenbach, go jump in a lake!

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 81
(14,023 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Wimp!

And that's exactly the response I expected from somebody up North.  If it wasn't for the wind, I would be perfectly fine (gusts over 30mph).

Altenbach, go jump in a lake!

at 70 you COULD jump in a lake!  What are the odds of getting wet walking off the shoreline here? or in Ohio?  Now we'll get some picture of Christian doing exactly what you asked-  Will that make you feel any better Tim?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 81
(14,018 Views)

Yep, Chicago is the same. I don't believe the wind speed though. It is quite blustery. I hear the wind whipping and howling outside. Windchills are in the -40s.

20140106_Weather.png

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 81
(14,004 Views)

If I understand what I read here:

1. Crossrulz says that he wouldn't mind it if it weren't windy. Kinda like people in Arizona claiming "But It's a dry heat!"
  2. Altenbach is jumping into a lake wearing his Speedo.
  3. Snowmule is racing his sled while wearing his.

Got news for you gentlemen: It's WINTER!!!!! If you don't like cold weather, move to Altenbach's neck of the woods!

Do you hear me complaining about rain?

weather.png

Smiley Indifferent

Jeffrey Zola
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 81
(13,979 Views)