BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's COLD Outside

Ray, I wouldn't be able to come up there this week, I81 has been closed from just north of Syracuse to the Canadian border, they have had 3 - 6 feet ( 1- 2 m) of snow in the last couple of days, with it still coming down. Unfortunately we/they/you are expacting the temperatures to rise to the 40's F by the weekend, so then there will be fear of flooding! We were at -8F last Friday, suddenly on Sunday afternoon it went to 45F, real roller coaster. Making the idiot who's truck went through the ice on the lake I live on even look less intelligent. Of course his friend who drove a back-hoe excavator out to rescue him then made him look smarter by default (it too went through the ice). Everybody was rescued, vehicles weren't that I know of. They will be even less happy when they get the paperwork from the Dept of Environmental Conservation folks!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 21 of 81
(11,742 Views)

ROFL!!!

Strangely enough.... our lunch-time discussion (topic) today was "idiots"...  Or rather not lowering "people of simple spirits".  Or something to that effect.

I would drive a truck on a lake..  Certainly not try to rescue it with a back-hoe...  Duh!  LOL!!

Yeah... it is quite the roller-coaster ride with the changes in the weather.  Really cold... really hot (for winter)..  The snow does not know what state to become!  😮

We'll wait for you guys before heading over to the Cat. 

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 81
(11,697 Views)

Hoist one at the Cat, I may be a while before I get up there. Have worked all but one day since the 26th. Sadly, not hourly billing!

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 81
(11,652 Views)

Saw this on my LinkedIn page...... I do remember cold weather during my five years in Ithaca. But I don't remember -30F wind chill!

Jeff

Jeffrey Zola
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 81
(11,644 Views)

Lol. I'm about 60 miles from there at the moment, have a daughter who graduated from Ithaca College last spring and is living/working there now. North of us, about 40 miles, they have just reopened Interstate 81 after a few days of being closed for snow. Yee Haw!   It is supposed to get to 45F on Saturday. It is the swinging between the extremes that is really tough, it was in the 40's Sunday afternoon/evening and then it plunged to sub-zero, with the even lower wind-chill numbers.

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 81
(11,632 Views)

Putnam....

....  you should always charge hourly rates...  🙂    Are you very busy these days? 

This weekend and next week will feel like spring.  Now that we finally have enough snow for snowshoe & x-country skiing, I'd like it to stick around till the end of the month..  LOL!  Can't believe it was that cold around the Niagara region..  We were lucky to miss most of that cold spell..  Although the temperatures did drop.

We're in no rush to go to the Cat.  We'll wait for you.  If you're not busy, it might be sooner.. LOL!

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 81
(11,620 Views)

I am heading to the 'Happiest Place on Earth' this weekend, looks like it will be warm and toasty in the 80's.   Nice, I am getting tired of the 60's here in NorCal.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 81
(11,594 Views)
And I was expecting a comment on the temp in your lab. you do keep that gear fairly chilly don't you?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 81
(11,570 Views)

...and pretty much SNOW. Be caruful on the roads

Message 29 of 81
(11,505 Views)

Round 2 of the snocross series this weekend!

Message 30 of 81
(11,492 Views)