YUP,  I'm at a loss

Essentially, I found--

Main()

Init ()

While(1)

}

Clean-up()

Unreachable code(????)

"1" sort-of "IS" doesn't it?  how do you reach the "Clean-up()"?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(10,649 Views)

There could be some "break" command in the loop, or even better: goto 😄

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(10,624 Views)

When it comes to Booleans, 0 is FALSE, everything else is a TRUE.  But I do see that you are missing the open bracket for the WHILE.

Watch out for Breaks.  The C developer I inherited a lot of bad code from loved the Break.  Also watch for a Try...Catch.  They might be depending on an error to break out of the loop.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(10,616 Views)

There are no gotos and no breaks

No returns

just nice clean-up code that can't be executd while the univere has unity.

Message 4 of 15
(10,602 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

Good thing we've never seen people do that in LabVIEW...

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 15
(10,595 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

Good thing we've never seen people do that in LabVIEW...

Ctrl+. (Period) exists in LabVIEW so its not exactly the same.  and do you have down stream code when you use that construct?

Reminds me of a movie I saw

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(10,585 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

Ctrl+. (Period) exists in LabVIEW so its not exactly the same.  and do you have down stream code when you use that construct?

I found a post this morning that had the infinate loop and then cleanup code afterwards.  Oh, and it ran on RT.  I have since deleted it and I don't feel like finding it again.

GCentral
Message 7 of 15
(10,576 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Reminds me of a movie I saw

Doesn't always work though. 

Found a case where the producer loop stopped, leaving the consumer waiting... and waiting... and waiting... Ctrl-period did nothing.

There's probably other poorly-coded problems in that project too... :uhoh

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(10,551 Views)

Oh sure, CTRL + . doesn't always do what you want.  Here is a fun one.  Create a subVI that has the window appearance setup to be a dialog which a modal display.  Then place that subVI in a main VI in a case structure, in a while loop.  Add a boolean control set to false on the case selector, and have the model dialog subVI in the true case.  Then open the front panel on both VIs before running the main. (with a constant on the while loop to not stop).

What do you get?  Well the model dialog is in memory so it is shown, and it is model so it is brought forward.  But it never is running so CTRL . won't stop it.  Also being model you won't be able to click into the Main to stop it, or CTRL . into the main.

The solution?  Task kill LabVIEW, or use some kind of Abort All similar to this one.

http://lavag.org/files/file/117-abort-vi/

Message 9 of 15
(10,539 Views)

CRTL + . does not work on VIs which do not have an abort button. It also does not work on modal VIs. There may be other combinations as well.

The Help page for keyboard shortcuts does not mention these limitations.

Lynn

Message 10 of 15
(10,530 Views)