BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Stuff

Not new, but here Damien Gray shows how to load a VI in a running application's memory space from another application.

This allows, for example, to load templates which communicate with each other into the same space.

Nice...

There has been a lot of gnashing of teeth over some of the info leaking out about Microsoft's next (64bit) OS. Here is a thread that just makes it look even worse from our (LabVIEWers) point of view.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=136018

P.M.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 22 of 128
(17,213 Views)
In this thread (reply 8), Stephen Mercer explains a process called Constant Folding - LV recognizes certain constants on the diagram and does the calculations in advance to avoid doing them later. Another example of this is that apparently LV completely ignores cases in a case structure if there is a constant wired to it (as stated in the podcast).

I was sure there was no way of making the 3D border on control transparent. Well, I was wrong.

Have a look at Altenbach's suggestion here for "active" and "passive" indexing. I think it's good.

We really need a wishlist thread. Ben, why don't you use your pull with the NI people about that?

Michael Aivaliotis reveals a not too well known feature  about resizing object with front panel on LAVA Forum.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 26 of 128
(17,129 Views)
I posted here a VI to install a new item in your File menu to Open VI in Edit Mode...
Handy to open VIs set to Run when Opened.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 27 of 128
(17,113 Views)

Jean-Pierre Drolet a écrit:
I posted here a VI to install a new item in your File menu to Open VI in Edit Mode...

Jean-Pierre, that was a good starware candidate (and you got my 5's). Again, how did you learn that the vi would go into the LV File menu ?

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 28 of 128
(17,085 Views)
The "official" documentation can be found here. As to how they actually found it, my guess would be poking around. Some of the NI VIs in the project folder appear in the tools menu, so once you realize that, it's a short way to trying it yourself.

chilly charly a écrit:
Jean-Pierre, that was a good starware candidate (and you got my 5's). Again, how did you learn that the vi would go into the LV File menu ?

The information about the behavior of wizard, project and help directories is in the official LabVIEW documentation although I don't have it at hand now to tell exactly where. In the recent versions, however, the wizard directory is omitted from docs but still effective.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 30 of 128
(17,088 Views)