From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Stuff

In this thread a contributor posted code to help with high speed raw ethernet packets.

While this is not something we have to do every day, may Y'all will remember this the next time someone wants to acquire ethernet I/O.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 121 of 128
(8,692 Views)

In this thread, Sam showed me I can bundle evnet registration wires.

As I have posted previously in this thread, "I never knew that and if you did, why didn't you tell me?"

If you did not know that, then can I ask that you throw him some stars (kudos) ?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 122 of 128
(8,537 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I did know that, I also know that you can use a build array on multiple user events, creating an array and then register for multiple events which get handled in the same case.  Then when any one of the events is generated your event structure will handle it.  It is something that is harder to do with a queue where you are monitoring multiple sources and reacting to whichever one has data first.  The only catch is every event being registered in the array needs to have the same data type, but you can get away with having them all be a Variant.

0 Kudos
Message 123 of 128
(8,528 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I learned that from Jack Dunaway a few years ago at NI Week.  I have lately showed this trick to a few coworkers and they have been consistently amazed by it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 124 of 128
(8,520 Views)

In this thread we talk about an interesting dilemma that tries to answer the question;

"If a operation never executes, SHOULD it return an error?"

The rule for optimizing out dead code are called into question.

Have a look and add you 2 cents.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 125 of 128
(8,186 Views)

In this thread, I attached a presentation that shows how to draw arbitrary data in a graph's build in picture control. Benefit from the graphs scales and the picture controls flexibility!

This idea suggest to add this property to all graphs (intensity and charts). It has images demonstrating the results.

Message 126 of 128
(8,174 Views)

Nice breakdown of bookmarks (including scripting). Nothing shocking, but comprehensive.

Message 127 of 128
(8,144 Views)

In this post Paul shared an Xcontrol that imbeds a ring in a table.

Very Nice!

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 128 of 128
(7,844 Views)