BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incongruous sightings of LabVIEW/NI

So like I said, Google can get away with what we can not.

Well the story wasn't about Google at all, and I wouldn't say the algorithm was able to get away with saying what we cannot.  The father was quite irate and called the company to complain, reacting even more strongly than Murtle saying "No, Just fat".

Spoiler
This is breakpoint so another tangential story.  I dated this one women in high school and we ended up breaking up but we were still friends and worked together for a while.  She ended up having a child with someone while in school which I think was a bit of an embarrassment to her parents.  (these things happen but whatever).  I ran into her and saw she was looking a bit pregnant.  We chit chatted about life and how things were going, but I didn't say anything because I figured there is a chance I would be wrong.  But I did mention to my new girlfriend that she looked pregnant.  This new girlfriend just to happened to work at a daycare taking car of her my ex's first child.  

One day the grandmother came in to pick up her grandchild.  And to make some small talk my new girlfriend said to her something like "Congratulations I heard you are going to be a grandmother again"  To which she was very shocked and said "What are you talking about"  "Oh Hooovahh said that your daughter was pregnant again" "Well she's not."  She came home from work and yelled at me for embarrassing her for giving her this false information...turns out she was pregnant and just hadn't told anyone.  Still feel bad but this is the one and only time I said someone was pregnant and it turned out to be true.
0 Kudos
Message 71 of 178
(9,596 Views)

This machine was featured in some sales propaganda.

At 5:26 into this video

You will see a pile of cRIO hardware.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 178
(9,563 Views)

Article about the turf harvester you point out.

http://sine.ni.com/cs/app/doc/p/id/cs-16758

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 178
(9,549 Views)

On the news yesterday:

MS.png

(Details on the story)

Message 74 of 178
(9,456 Views)

A mention on Linus Tips Channel during a "find a weird PCI or PCIe card challenge". 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 75 of 178
(9,170 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

So like I said, Google can get away with what we can not.

Well the story wasn't about Google at all, and I wouldn't say the algorithm was able to get away with saying what we cannot.  The father was quite irate and called the company to complain, reacting even more strongly than Murtle saying "No, Just fat".

Spoiler
This is breakpoint so another tangential story.  I dated this one women in high school and we ended up breaking up but we were still friends and worked together for a while.  She ended up having a child with someone while in school which I think was a bit of an embarrassment to her parents.  (these things happen but whatever).  I ran into her and saw she was looking a bit pregnant.  We chit chatted about life and how things were going, but I didn't say anything because I figured there is a chance I would be wrong.  But I did mention to my new girlfriend that she looked pregnant.  This new girlfriend just to happened to work at a daycare taking car of her my ex's first child.  

One day the grandmother came in to pick up her grandchild.  And to make some small talk my new girlfriend said to her something like "Congratulations I heard you are going to be a grandmother again"  To which she was very shocked and said "What are you talking about"  "Oh Hooovahh said that your daughter was pregnant again" "Well she's not."  She came home from work and yelled at me for embarrassing her for giving her this false information...turns out she was pregnant and just hadn't told anyone.  Still feel bad but this is the one and only time I said someone was pregnant and it turned out to be true.

I've never really learned my lesson... Worse, I am always right.   A while back I saw my own daughter for the first time in awhile.   Noted the blessed condition and was asked how I learned of it.  I replied "Ask your Mother. "

Her mother,  my ex, also showed up:

Me: did you ask her how I knew?

Daughter: Daaaaaad I haven't told her!

Me: well, she's smart so, I think I just took care of that for you.  Wait s few seconds........

Ex: Oh! You still do that!  Girl, we have to talk.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 178
(9,144 Views)

IMG_20190621_182315.jpg

Apperantly BAE systems uses LV in the development of the MULE. Also, apperantly Terrans have Mules now ... 

From Future Weapons on Discovery Science.

/y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 77 of 178
(8,998 Views)

Portable Breath Monitor with DAQmx Device

https://phys.org/news/2019-08-shoebox-size-deadly-lung-disease-faster.html

Can you spot the NI device?Can you spot the NI device?

Looks FamiliarLooks Familiar

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 178
(8,865 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

I was watching The Big Bang Theory Season 10 Episode 15 and in the intro, as well as part way through the show a computer in the background of the lab had some LabVIEW up.  It looked like it was running an older version in XP, I'd guess 8.6 or 2009, and I think it was some kind of instrument control.  

LV1.pngLV2.png

I am a bit late to it, just wanted to say that it was this software:

This is when Fluigent appears: on the right high corner of the screen behind Leonard’s bag, you can recognise our MAESFLO™ software. It is an honour to be considered as one of the way to illustrate realistically that the characters in the scene are working on microfluidics. Besides, all the LABView panels you can see are from our software Developments Kits (SDKs) that helps our customers to develop their own software designed specifically for their application.

You can also notice the picture of the “multiple Droplet Encapsulation” on the left screen. The data comes from the Review “designer emulsions using microfluidics” from Rhutesh K. Shah et al. And David Weitz that was published in 2008. If you want to have a look, the content is on open access on the Science Direct website.

Here's the full notice from the developer: https://www.fluigent.com/de/company-news/fluigent-big-bang-theory/ Nevertheless I was unable to find that outdated SDK to check it. New version is refactored significantly, thus BDs differ from those shown in the series.

Message 79 of 178
(8,639 Views)

Inside a plane that takes ice penetrating radar over Greenland (See also). Taken off the TV a few days ago.

altenbach_0-1601690523171.png

Message 80 of 178
(7,759 Views)